Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
HPV

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

HPV

Hi could someone answer this Q.... I just found out I have HPV. It is very small and I will be going to get it removed. I know the virus will always be there, but the doc told me I am okay to have sex with my b/f and it won't affect him. My question is if he isn't the one that gave it to me, I passed it along to him . How could he be tested for it ? I was told it can't be through blood ?? Thank you.....
i have HPV and it is easily caught by skin on skin contact  condoms dont work i was advised to not have any sexual contact it is contagius and it can cause cervical cancer(35%chance) for women; warts for men. it is in man"s semen and women's body secretions this is deadly to women  when you know you have it you will get flesh-colored warts where the skin is raised it is itchy ok i get it in my crotch& leg areas
I beg to differ with what you posted here and what your doctors have posted (not have any sexual contact it is contagius).  You are wrong and more importantly, what will 20-30 million Americans do?  Become celibate forever?  Give me a break.  Please stop posting this nonsense here. Yes, condoms do not offer more than 70% protection but to just give up on having sex for the rest of your life is silly. If you want a job scaring people, look for work on Halloween at a haunted house.
Thank you for that. I know that comment was really ridiculous !
Yes, it was indeed.  And the type of HPV that MAY, in rare cases, cause cervical cancer does not cause warts.  The type of HPV that causes warts not cause cancer, which is why they call it "low risk."  It could be that your bf has already been exposed to the virus, and so, as the doctors on the STD forum advise in these cases, there is no need to alter your sexual practices, although using condoms couldn't hurt.  And there is research to indicate that in most people, after some period of time, the virus goes dormant and you will not be at risk of transmitting the virus to others. The drs on the STD forum advise that once you have been wart-free for several to six months, you will most likely not have other outbreaks and can consider yourself not a transmission risk. However, I went four and a half months clear and had another wart, and I have read some (not many) folks say they have gone 6 months and then had another one appear...