Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
Life cycle of genital wart

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

Life cycle of genital wart

I have been using Aldara (Imiquimod 5%) cream to treat genital warts for 10 weeks and I still have warts.  How long does it usually take to treat warts and what should I notice if I am getting better?  I am suppose to be finished the treatment in 2 weeks.  Should all the warts be gone by the time I finish treatment?
nope, it will come back, been through freezing , electrocautery and aldara, still come back after a week each time....juz leave it
I tried Aldara out, if you read about it, it has many negative side effects. To be honest I was first given it because I was too embarrassed to get the warts properly treated. Just but the bullet and have them electrocauterized. The procedure is painless, takes only a few minutes, and will at least have you wart free for a while. To prevent them from coming back just figure out ways to boost your immune system. Try to reduce stress in your life, eat well, and take your vitamins (especially vitamin A and folic acid). Hope this helps!
i used this it took about 2 monts for it to go away on me basically u gotta be healthy wit it get on sum vitamins. go too gnc get a vita pac believe me it works well atleast for me...the cream burns if u dont put it on rite.... i burned the ish out of myself and was bout to stop using it cus i taught it was takin foreva but the it slowly decreased until it was gone its been 4 mnths and nuttin showed up agian...ppl say to excersize still havent got around to dat but having gw means u gotta change sumthing in ur lie and its not that serious of a change....so ppl the cream doesnt work for u might have to g frezze um i neva had to do dat but i think u shuld stack up on vitamins
I've had Genital Warts going on about 4 years now.  My first treatment was Aldara, with insurance I was paying 40 dollars every month for the treatment.  I did that for 3 months and not even one wart disappeared, I actually had more.  Then the doc put me under and burned the entire outside of my vagina, it hurt like hell and I had to fill the bath tub with water every time I peed so I could pee and then hop in some cool water to sooth the burning feeling.  It took about two weeks to heal.  6 months later the warts started to come back, and I had about $1000 in copays for the surgery.  Stupidly enough I put myself through it again, this time I asked the doctor to leave a catheter in me because of the peeing issue, it helped but within three or four days the catheter hurt all the time, so I took it out and apparently just those four days of no irritation gave enough healing time where it didn't hurt to pee so bad.  Alas though 6 months later they were back.  I gave up.  Then I started to read up on natural remedies and found Apple Cider Vinegar(ACV).  I'm not going to lie, it burns but no worse then with the surgeries, and its a hell of a lot cheaper.  I use the Heinz ACV and each evening I use a paper towel folded down to about 6 inches long and three inches wide, I soak it in ACV place it inbetween my labia from the front all the way to the perineum.  I take another soaked in ACV and place it over the top of my labia to cover the whole thing.  I have a few on my inner thighs so I use cotton balls with a bandaid there.  Then I put on a pad and head to sleep.  (Sleeping is the only relief when your doing this) Some nights Ill take something for pain.  I try to leave it on for eight hours, but after four if the burning wakes me up I'll remove it then.  In the morning I was with a mild soap and leave it bare all day.  Within 3 days every time the warts turn black, and within a week at most they fall off.  Do this for seven days, take a two day break and then repeat (even if you don't see any warts).  After the cycle and when your wart free don't shave that region with a razor, it will cause the warts to spread (that why they are on my inner thighs) get an electric razor for men's beards to keep it clean, and always clean the electric razor good with alcohol after EVERY use.  Secondly get a good body cream or lotion.  Mix 3 oz of body lotion with 1 tablespoon of tea tree oil.  Apply this every time you take a shower down there.  I'm not going to say you'll never get another breakout (you will with any treatment whether its a home remedy or from the doc) what I am saying is that for no more then ten dollars (instead of a thousand) you can clear the warts up yourself.  

Emotionally GW can reek havok. Sexually you may not feel whole or even to embarrassed to participate in sex. Do yourself a favor, do these things get rid of the little bastards, and remember that 80 percent of people have warts or have had them so your not alone.  I don't know of anyone whos ever been okay or comfy with warts so I won't lie and say you'll ever feel normal with them.

I used aldara cream and in less than 2 weeks the warts were gone to my suprize. Different treatments work better for different people. Half of females get rid of the warts using aldara in something like 12 weeks so persist for a little longer, if they still aren't gone maybe a different method of treatment is right for you.
ive been gin through the freezing surgery process for about 5 weeks now. and just like a lot of people there not goin away, there getting worse. mi doctor told mi to take vitamins 3 1000 mg of vitamin c, 3 50 mg vitamin b and 3 folic acids a day. the problem with that is i always forget to take them and there a pain in the *** to carry around. im lookin into a cream, i cant recall the name of it but mi and mi doctor and i have been discussing it. i am in foster care so i cant afford it, but luckily im goin to college this falland im getting about 2700 for finaancial aid (and i dont have to pay for mi classes). i am petrified because if i put this money into this cream **** n it doessnt work that would have been the most money that ive ever had blown for nothing. but something im goin to try first is the apple cider viniger.. it sounds painful but ill try it n c where it goes.. thatnk u for all the advise because im only 16 and i want to think outside of the box to get rd of these things!