Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
Low Risk HPV test

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

Low Risk HPV test

Hi everyone,

I thought I had an external genital wart a few weeks ago.  Freaking out, I removed it myself with castor oil and did not go to the doctor. I just had my physical last Thursday and asked if she could see any warts inside of my vagina, because I'm paranoid.  She inspected and didn't see anything.  So really, I don't know if what I had on the outside was a wart or cyst.

Along with the Pap I asked her to do the HPV test for me.  I'm still waiting for my results.  However, does this test detect any strain of HPV?  I'm really most concerned about a genital warts strain to see if I have that.  If not, is there a low risk HPV test I can get?  I just want to know for sure if I have it so I do not spread it....

Also, has anyone here tried the Beta Manaan supplement by Dr. Glickman for HPV?  

Thanks!!
  • HPV (1 replies):
    If I had anal receptive sex a few times with different p...[more]
  • How likely to contract it? (1 replies):
    I have a slight suspicion that I have genital warts. Me ...[more]
  • gential wart infection (1 replies):
    can you have gential wart for as 40 years before it brea...[more]
  • warts (1 replies):
    if i have warts on my hand can that spread to my mouth/l...[more]
  • hpv (2 replies):
    i was told that i had hpv like 6 months ago i went throu...[more]
The best method of detecting and diagnosing HPV in women is through a regular pelvic exam and Pap smear. However to detect the strain, Qiagen or hybrid capture test can be done.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I am getting the HPV test done.  I was wondering if this test will detect the wart strains, along with high risk.  Or will I have to take a separate test for warts?  I don't have any visible warts.
Usually HPV tests do look out for high risk strains but you can discuss it with your healthcareprovider whether high risk strains can be detected by the tests that you are getting done or not.