Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
Post Leep Questions

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

Post Leep Questions

Hey all!  I had a leep biopsy done on Wednesday July 2nd.  Since then I have been feeling very itchy but haven't wanted to itch because I know the area needs to heal.  Well I just looked down there and there was something orange sticking out so I pulled it out and it was HUGE!  I think it was the goop they put on the cervix to help clotting and now I am concerned that it came out.  It was like the size of a piece of gauze.  Is this bad and would it have come out normally anyways?  Any advice would be great!
i had LEEP 8-07 i was itchy thats the skin healing that they burned....and the orange stuff is the solution they use to stain the dysplastic area to burn it off!i had discharge for about a month with mine.....wore a LOT of pads.....i was a 52 yr.old diaper girl!
Thanks for the info!  I was just surprised that a "chunk" of orange thatI pulled out was so big, about the size of a piece of gauze - just concerned me since I have been crampy ever since.  Thanks for the info!
yes it is normal....i had orangeish reddish brown stuff for a week then blackish stuff came out...don't be alarmed at that if u see it...it is dead tissue that was burned.....i had an area the size of a nickel they fried.....so as long as it doesn't get heavier ur cool!and ur welcome!