Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
Skin coming out of vagina?!!!!

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

Skin coming out of vagina?!!!!

Two days ago I had a colposcopy for the first time because I was positive for HPV.  Everything went fine just like they said it would until the day after I noticed small pieces of orange skin coming out of my vagina, then the next day two very large pieces came out.  I have been trying to find something about it on the internet but it seems to be unheard of!!  What is it?!
this stuff emerged from me with colps...its pieces of  cervical tissue with the orange staining stuff they put on it to mark area and remove/culture for biopsy!not 2 worry its normal!
Perfectly normal.....It is a combination of the small pieces of stained cervical tissue and the Monsel's solution that they use to control bleeding.  The solution will look like lightly colored thin pieces of tissue as it passes from your body.  Don't worry unless you develop the classic signs of infection such as a fever and foul smelling discharge.
Call your doctor if it will help to alleviate your concerns, but it sounds perfectly normal based on the three colpos that I have had.
thank u dear....i was having a brainfart with the name of the orange solution....Monsels oh yes..how could i 4 get that?have witnessed it a few times on the old handipad!:))))
Thank you so much! I was really freaked out because my doctor only mentioned the coffee ground like stuff coming out, thanks for the relief!!!!!