high grade ascus with negative HPV
I had a pap done a cpl months ago and got the call that my pap was abnormal with ASCUS high grade with NEGATIVE HPV. I am new to all of this never before have I had an abnormal pap, and I never heard of HPV so it freaked me out. I'm 28 with 2 children and have ONLY slept with my husband(I knew there was no way I had HPV)! My Dr. recommended I have the colopscopy which they took a biopsy. They called today to tell me that I need to go in for a LEEP next month to take part of my cervix and canal because it still came back HPV(abnormal cells, with HPV being negative). They don't know what number the biopsy was because she said it was so far up in the canal. I'm a little worried as to what is next and if anyone has ever had this same issue. Everything I read is if you have HPV I have asked my DR everytime if my HPV is still negative, it is! My mom keeps telling me to see if they can just give me a hysterectomy?! good idea or not? any help would be nice. Like I said this is all that's on my mind and I just wanted to know what number I was if I needed to worry because my pap came back HIGH GRADE. My DR told me that my colpo. would come back neg. and everything would more than likely be fine cause my HPV was negative, and that wasn't the case:(
I might have got an impression that you have got somewhat flooded with information. Your feelings are normal in a situation like this.

There's not completely clear to me: how many PAP tests you took lastly? Was it found to be ASCUS and later on HSIL?

This way or another, hysterectomy is a very radical operation, and so far according to your story is totally unnecessary and even iatrogenic. The general guidline when there's no clear evidence of chronic HPV infection  is to keep on the follow up. As far as I'm impressed, you do the best you can and you indeed take care of your general health. Yet it's also important not to hurry in making decisions, especially potentiall life-changing. Maybe many other/another kinds of resources can be benefitical for you.

Please tell me what you think.
(Sources: nursing student)