Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
hpv maybe?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

hpv maybe?

if you have an abnormal pap test and the doctors has made it very clear they think its hpv. do all strains of hpv either give you warts or cancer, or is there some that just stay dormant?
Look up Hpv on wikipedia.org, LOTS of information.
Some strains of hpv cause genital warts, some cause foot warts, and others can cause cervical cancer. If your doctors tell you that you have a high-risk strain, it means it is a strain that MAY cause cervical cancer. I DO believe some strains have no symptoms at all, but I'm not 100% on that (anyone feel free to correct me here)
Good luck!
abnormal paps are not all caused by HPV many but not all......they need to do a HPV thin prep test on pap smear to say HPV or not plus a colposcopy if  HPV present.for very reliable info on HPV transmission and genital warts go to the Experts forum-std's here.....Drs.Hook and Handsfield have years of xperience between them.