Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
please help me. HPV

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

please help me. HPV

I've got HPV warts and I've heard that there are many types and I'm very scared and confused. I'm going to pay for a private Dr and so far I have read that they can take a sample of the wart and identify is I have the most dangerous type or not. Can any one who's been through this help me? I'd really appreciate it. If you know the types, can you please tell me? I want to know what to ask the dermatologist and I don't want him to tell me that the sampling is not necessary if it is. I'm through with Drs saying that it's a common desease like it's not that bad. I feel terrible and I want to find out what I have. Thank you in advance, everyone.
it is true there are multiple strains of HPV i had this too i saw a dermatologist for the warts which were normal warts he burned them off and told me i can have sex in two months i was confused and in a lot of pain because i had one on my testicle. HPV stayed with me for 2 years :)
Warts are the low risk strain that rarely leads to cancer. This is just a transient skin disease that 75-85% of sexually active adults have. Just ask the doctor to biopsy one of the warts and to let you know the strain number. Boost your immune system via healthy living (no cigs, less booze, daily exercise, healthy foods, vitamines (A, C, E, folic acid, Zinc, etc). After 6-24 months of no more warts, you can have sex again. To be safer, condoms will reduce the chances of re-occurrences.
Hi Drifter,

How we're yours burned off, through electrocautery? or do you mean freezing?

Have you had any outbreaks since?