Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
swollen lymph nodes

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

swollen lymph nodes

Hello ,

I was diagnosed with HPV a few months ago , when i went to the doctor she noticed a had a wart and told me it was due to HPV. I have no more warts now and its been a few months , nothing new has appeared. However , she also noticed i had swollen lymph nodes. THey weren't very swollen and they barley hurt , she said it was either chlamidya or mono , and that i should visit a doctor right away. THis made me very nervous so i rushed to another doctor , who looked at them and told me it was completley normal and that sometimes they swell and that its part of some cycle. He told me i was clean of all STDs and that i could enjoy my vacation. I dont understand how he was so sure , my lymph nodes are still swollen , about the size of a pea , one is a little bigger. Its been months now. I have no other symptoms and they dont hurt. What is going on?
Mine are swollen as well and its not due to an STD... you can have lymphnoda < spelling might be wrong. Neither doctor should tell you you have an STD or you dont without proper testing. We can't tell you whether you do or don't have an STD the only way to find out is to get a urine or a swb done for chlamydia and gono.