Hysterectomy Expert Forum
Hysterectomy or gallbladder surgery first?
About This Forum:

This forum is a place to post your questions about HYSTERECTOMY including causes, complications, treatment, surgery, advanced treatments and tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Hysterectomy or gallbladder surgery first?

I'm scheduled to have a hysterectomy on the 18th. That was scheduled over a month ago. In the mean time, my gallbladder started acting up (nausea, vomiting, diarrhea). I've been well controlled with vomiting/ diarrhea just by removing fat from my diet and phenergan takes care of the nausea.  I can't get in to see the general surgeon regarding my gallbladder until the 30th of January. So far no one has said I had to put the hysterectomy on hold until after I deal with my gallbladder but a part of me thinks I should. Any thoughts/ words of wisdom? hysterectomy is because of fibroids, prolonged bleeding (stopped a while ago), and terrible menstrual cramps (also stopped for the time being).

Which should come out first, the chicken (gall) or the egg (total lap. hysterectomy, leaving ovaries if not diseased.).

I thought for sure I'd find someone in the same boat. No such luck. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Tags: Hysterectomy or gallbladder 1s
1616302_tn?1388163528
I love your since of humor. I am afraid my response comes to late. If not, the best case scenario would be to have the surgeons collaborate so that your surgeries can be done simultaneously assuming the general surgeon feels that removal of your gall bladder is indicated. Otherwise, It really does not matter which one is done first.  I agree that if your ovaries are free of disease and endometriosis is not a concern, that you should lean toward preserve them. Best wishes!

Blank
This Forum's Experts
563773_tn?1374250139
Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank
Private practice
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979