Stomach Cramps 1 Year After Hysterectomy
January 2011, I had a total hysterectomy. I still have my ovaries. I still have cramps & back pain as if I'm having my cycle. The pains were initially coming about once a month, now I have them all the time. I have been urinating more & more. Is this normal?
Hello, your ovaries still respond to the gonadotropins produced in the brain of reproductive age women. The fact that you had a hysterectomy does not stop you from ovulating every month if you have not went through menopause. If your voiding process is now different; I recommend that you get evaluated for a urinary tract infection. Your back pain may be unrelated and should be evaluated by your primary care physician simultaneously.

Best regards,

Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.