Hysterectomy Community
33 and having full hysterectomy, cant take hormones. Help, scared and c...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

33 and having full hysterectomy, cant take hormones. Help, scared and confused.

I would like to know if any of you suffer from clots and had a hysterectomy? I am not going to be able to take hormones. If you have had a vaginal hysterectomy I woulod like to know how you are doing and if you ahve any side effects and what you may be feeling? Please I would like as much info as I can get before my surgery on May 12th.  Thank you!!
Most of the women are a bit frighted prior to surgery thats so understandable. It is a big surgery. Are you having your ovaries removed also? If there is any possibility if retaining at least one ovary Id advise that. I have my total "Hysterectomy Story" written as a journal page on my home page just click on my icon and it will lead you there if you would like to read you are welcome too.

I have answered 100s of questions about this subject and Id say the majority have some minor issues that are worked out after...some have troubles that require more care,,,,there is nothing that can not be helped......there are methods taken for those at high risk for blood clots...I dont remember the name of machine I will describe it hooks on end of bed,,,they velcrove wraps from ankle to thigh that are conected to machine it (the machine) goes on and off at regular intervals to tighten the wraps on legs as to prevent clots...I had them after my hyster actually felt good like a bit of a massage...course the pelvic area did not feel so good,,but thats what post op pain meds are for..

as for no hormones , that I am sure is for medical reasons there is a herbal many swear by called Black Cosch..TALK to doc before taking....otheres will hopefully post their experience...believe it or not my last two ladies who had a hyster where both saying the pain was suprisingly low.

what method of hyster?  go for Lap if you can..Robotic assisted is even better...hugs  and Im here,,,,will help all I can.....Cherie
Thank u so much for the letter. It made me feel at ease. I really hope it goes better for me. I am still alittle worried. I am doing the robotic assisted. I cant wait to get it over with. I will keep in touch and can I add you as a friend? thanks for all the caring and support.
hello I would like to ask you something I just turn 41 and I had my hyster.6 yr ago and to me that was the best thing that I have done but now it has become every painful during sex with my husband we have been married for 24 yrs so he is very understanding but I have been to my doc that is a male and it is very hard to explsin it to him. It feels like that is a large ball on my left side and it's to the point where I will start a fight with my husband just so I dont have to becasue it hurts so bad. I know that you aren''t a doc but I was just wondering if you have had this or what I can do to stop it.....sg