Aa
A
A
Close

Hysterectomy Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

1 - 20 (of 2778) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Is it normal to be bloated or feeling like I am gaining a pound everyday after surgery? It's only been 5 weeks since my hysterectomy, and I'm not eating much since then either. My same clothes I have been wearing are getting tighter and ...
  Posted
I'm 31 and I had a full hysterectomy(took our everything) in October of 2015. Well, since Christmas Eve, I have felt like my world has come crashing down. I think my husband is out to break my heart, like everything he is doing is just ...
  Posted
My girlfriend and I are having major issues right now and it all started after her hysterectomy. Her surgery was 2-3 months ago and she kept her ovaries. Since then, she has been extremely emotional, over sensitive, sad, depressed, irr...
  Posted
Hello, I am 44. I had a complete hysterectomy ...ovaries, uterus, and cervix is all gone on Dec 1st 2015. I had a terrible case of endometriosis since I was 16. I had 7 large functional cysts which caused major problems. Since then I...
  Posted
had a hysterectomy 30 yrs. ago and am still cramping why? still have ovaries
  Posted
I am a 29 year old mother of 3 and I had a total hysterectomy in Nov. Since I had the surgery I have developed acne really bad! I have tried everything from pro active to hair tied back and no makeup. I called my obgyn and he said tha...
  Posted
Hello! I am new to this site & hope I'm doing this right. I am 44 years old and had a total LAVH (both ovaries removed on 3/22/16. At 20 years old I was given Lupron injections for experimental treatment for the mildest class of endom...
  Posted
I had a total abdominal hysterectomy about 8 weeks ago. I still feel pain in my lower abdomen, which I was told was normal and I feel it swelling by the end of the day having spent 7 hours in the office. What concerns me the most is the ...
  Posted
Warning, a pretty lengthy post. My name is Ash. I have bad endometriosis ( as well as severe fibromyalgia ) and have suffered from both for many years. I have tried many BC types which halts bleeding aside some spotting, but if I ever...
  Posted
It was just a yr in February since I had a complete hysterectomy. It was done like a c-section because of all the cysts I had. Some as big as 3-4" wide. I am still having cramping and when I wipe I have blood on my toiler paper at times....
  Posted
It was just a yr in February since I had a complete hysterectomy. It was done like a c-section because of all the cysts I had. Some as big as 3-4" wide. I am still having cramping and when I wipe I have blood on my toiler paper at times....
  Posted
Had endo now nearly 20yrs after sevral removal laps dr has giving me the date for my hysterectomy as you ladies can imagine all sort going through my head but main one is I know no more bleeding as its so very bad but will or do any of y...
  Posted
i had a partial hysterectomy 2 yrs ago.but 2 days ago i just found out i am 8 wks pregnant and i am trying find information somewhere to help me understand the whole situation. i heard of someone who had a partial hysterectomy and carrie...
  Posted
Hi everyone. Im 41 I saw my gynecologist on 2/18 for ongoing light brown spotting that I've had for 3 to 4 weeks. Prior to that I've spent the last several years skipping periods and then taking Provera periodically to induce periods....
  Posted
To: All I need to have a hysterectomy and have opted for a lap assisted vaginal. I'm interested in getting information and feedback on keeping my cervix. I have fibroids and because of the locations, keeping it may not be an option. We ...
  Posted
hi , i had my partial abdominal hysterectomy March 2/09 and have been searching for info about swollen belly while my recovery is going as well as can be expected with minimal pain(except when i need to sneeze/cough) and discomfort wh...
  Posted
I had a total hysterectomy with bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy in October 2015 because of endometrial cancer every few weeks since my op I m getting a line of spots from under my eye to just above the level of my mouth, they really are...
  Posted
I am the father of a 19 year old daughter and need help. She went in for a regular check up and the doctor felt a lump in her abdomen. The doctor wanted to remove it right away because of the size and type of cyst. The doctor removed bo...
  Posted
Hi I am diagnosed with adenomyosis. I have bleeding almost everyday for 7 months now. I filled out the paperwork for a hysterectomy, but my insurance refuses to pay for it. I would be getting my uterus and cervix removed. How much do the...
  Posted
I had a total hysterectomy (ovaries and partial cervix) about 8 years ago. Suddenly this evening I have bright red bleeding from my vaginal area. There is no odor but a slight itch. I thought it may be a urinary tract infection becaus...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hysterectomy Community Resources