Hysterectomy Community
Bleeding and pain during intercourse

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

Bleeding and pain during intercourse

I had a total hysterectomy (no uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes, and cervix) 3 years ago and everytime my husband and I have sex I bleed during intercourse and it is painful.  We use lubricants so I am well lubricated.  What would cause this and is this normal?
did you go in for your post op visit????  it sounds like your cervical cuff did not heal correctly, if I am right you will need surgery to correct this, You absolutley should not be bleeding or in pain 3  years post op.  
Avatar n tn
Yes I did go for my post op.  What is the cervical cuff?  Do you have that when you don't have a cervix? Thank you for your help
Lisa
thats terminology for what the top inside of your vagina looks like once cervix is removed, they have to suture across the top and make it in a cuff like fashion so as to best replicate the natural vaginal structure.  If you lost a portion of those stitches and things didnt heal right ,it would explain bleeding during intercourse