Cramping after Hysterectomy
I had a total Laparoscopically assisted vaginal hysterectomy (LAVH). It has been 3 weeks now. I had my post op appointment in which I told my GYN/OB physician and he told me It should go away after I am completely healed, another 3 to 5 weeks will be 6 to 8 weeks.

I am no longer spotting, however I still have lower back pain and cramping in my lower abdomen. Sometimes certain days I do not have cramping and feel fine however on other days I feel like I am having menstral cramps. It is not severly painful, but still bothersome. Is this cramping and lower back soarness normal???
my name is mariela  lately after 3 years of the hysterectomy  i'am having in front where my right leg is on the left side i'am having pain like there's somebody would be stabing me with a knife, can you give any opinion. should i be wory about any thing i still have my ovaries. what could i have.
Was it your regular gyn that did the surgery???  If not, you'll want to speak with your surgeon's nurse about any concerns.  

Keep us posted.  Best Wishes, Sharon :)
I am 36 years old.    Two years ago this month , I had a vaginal hysterectomy in which my cervix and uterus were removed.  I still have my ovaries.  I am having severe menstrual like cramps with pain in my lower back, my lower stomach, my legs ,my vaginal and pelvic area.  I have been to the doctor who performed the surgery and he found i had a cysts on my left ovary.He put me on birth control pills to shrink the cysts and after 2 months the cysts disappeared but the pain didn't.  I consulted with another OBGYN and she has no idea why i am having these pains.  I now have a cysts on my right ovary but she(dr.) says that its not big enough to be causing that much pain( pain that keeps me from walking, sitting, or standing for long periods of time)whats wrong?  
I had an Abdominal Hysterctomy with my Ovaries left in on 5-14-08. I am 38 y/o. I had a Cyst on my right Ovary at one time and I had Fibroids.Now after going through all this I am having cramps on my right side again and lower back pain. Should I think about going back and having my Ovaries taken out? I am a high risk also do to my weight and and other health issues and also having had 2 C-sections before this surgery.Any advice is welcomed.Thank you.
I just had a hystorectomy, May 9, 2008, I had fibroids, she left my ovaries, but I am now having a deal of pain on the right hand side, I have been back, I was told I was doing too much.  That was Thursday, I have slowed down a great deal, but am still having sharp pains in the right side, they have been there since the operation.  She told me to come back and get a ultrasound if it was still bothering me, but how long should I wait.  I don't want to keep bothering her if it,s normal.  How long before swelling will go down naturally, it's been two weeks, and I still have alot of swelling, and pain.  I still have a hard time walking,  I have a great amount of pressure is in the abdomen. And a large protuding roll over the stitches on one side only, pulling down on stitches, I am not fat, and had no roll before.

Thanks for any help.
I had a vaginal hysterectomy 2 1/2 weeks ago. The cramps I am experiencing is so painful, I have broke down and cried. I still have my ovaries but I'm too the point I feel like my guts are being ripped out. I cannot get rid of this pain. I'm on 800 mgs of ibuprofen and it does not help at all. Now there's pain in my right leg. I don't know if I've given myself a charlie horse or what. How long does this pain last? Any advice?
It has been 10 years since I have had my uterus and cervix removed. Two weeks ago I had Tension-Free-Vaginal-Tape (TVT) procedure and a vaginal repair. I am two weeks into recovery and have no pain or any bleeding. However, over the last day or two I have been feeling cramping similar to that of menstral cramps. I am wondering if the surgery is related to these cramps, or if I am just ovulating and am feeling it moreso because of the recent invasion my body has experienced.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
***@****
Hi,I had a sub totall hysterectomy 3 and half wks ago. I was doing pretty good a week ago. I had to pick my toddler up and hurt myself doing so.since then I have been having cramps in my sides and up my adminal and my incition site has hurt me more in the last two days then in the last week