Does anyone know what the warnings are on the baldder sling from the FDA?
I have read that the FDA has put out a warning on the Gynecare TVT mesh sling.  Does anyone know what the warning is?  What are the effects of this mesh?

DebLR
I did a search on this I typed in Gynecare TVT mesh FDA warnings. I got many many hits,

from what I basically concluded it appears they have had 1,000 complaints in three years,  I kinda think in the grand scheme of things and considering people like to file law suits, that this is a low number,,,anytime any medication or material used in surgery causes any side effect it legally must be listed. For example if water was a legal medication and I drank so much that my electrolytes became unbalanced and I died, this would be forever listed as a side effect.

I would suggest you do the search that I did and see what you think. I do know that the very large majority of members that have had a sling do fine,

be certain to interview your surgeon if your considering this , I really believe in going to the top dog.In this case it would be a urological surgeon , Are you having gynecological problems as well, I am not certain why this question ended up on the hysterectomy forum.
Does anyone have pain with intercourse?  I now am having real discomfort with sex after having a TVT done latter part of 2007.  Now my urologist says he can't see anything really wrong but will go ahead and remove the center part of the mesh and he will be able to see better whats going on under anethesia.  Wish me luck.
I was just talking to my dr today about this.  Hy surgery is scheduled for May2nd.  He said that he will not use mesh.  I have been reading alot and I think I know why.  He is using donar tissue.....