Hysterectomy Community
Going for a biopsy for endometrium to rule out cancer

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

I went to my OBGYN and saw my Dr that has been going through my endometriosis... She set up date 2/22/2013 for a biopsy of my endometrium to rule out cancer...
The reason is because of my bleeding only 10 after my last period. I started again having it for 8 days straight.. Plus every month my periods have been really off like 6 to 4 days early with severe pain in between periods....  I have been in a lot of pain and having pain in my chest and still have nerve pain going down my left side finger tips to my feet...still having a low temperature of 98.9 to 99.9....if the biopsy comes back good then she wants to do ablation in my endometrium area.
I have heard horrible story's about getting ablation of my uterus, because they ended up having more pain and bleed outside of the uterus..They end up getting a full hysterectomy... I really cant afford to go the long route and end up with having hysterectomy...

What do you think if it comes back good results and I hope they do...
should I get the Ablation of my uterus???  
Avatar_dr_f_tn
HI,
If the report comes normal, then the treatment options are either medical treatment or conservative surgery in the form of endometrial ablation. If you are scared of ablation, you can opt for medical management which is quite effective. However depending on findings of examination and endometrial biopsy your Doctor is the best person to advise you.
Hope this helps.
Sorry do you have Endometriosis or does your doctor?