Hysterectomy Community
HOT FLASHES AFTER TOTAL HYSTERECTOMY

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

HOT FLASHES AFTER TOTAL HYSTERECTOMY

I had a total hysterectomy in 2001 due to endo.I had hot flashes and other menapause symptoms for about a year.I did not take any HRT and they went away .I recently had to have a kidney removed do to tumor (non cancer)and the hot flashes are now back.Can this be from menapause,or side affect of surgery?How long can these symptoms last?
I just had a total hyterectomy due to endo also and I am 40 and they have me on the hormone patch....I was just wondering how old you were and why you stopped the hormone treatments. I was already experiencing terrible night sweats and still have some.
I have a total abdominal hysterectomy (tubes and ovaries,too) scheduled for 06/27/2007. I have had endo all my grown life. 5 laproscopy w/ laser surgeries later; we've decided it's time to end this. I am commited to this being my last surgery and being able to move on with my life. I am nervous and would love to hear your experiences. Thanks
Hi...I also have been a endo sufferer for years. Luckily I have not had any major problems for 15 years prior to them just finding 2 large ovarian cysts on my ovaries. 15 years ago I had exploratory laporascopic surgery and was  lucky enough to be well enough to have 2 children. After my pregnancies thankfully my pain did subside but as a kid I was tortured by horrible period pains and very heavy flow. Last November I started having pain and had a cat scan which showed these 2 masses...the hysterectomy was done on may 7th and when they opened me they realized how damaged everything was and the best course of action was a hysterectomy otherwise I would've probably ended up  back in surgery. If you have any questions let me know and I wish you good luck.
On 5/6/07 I had an abdominal total hysterectomy.  I had had several surgeries beginning in 1988 due to ovarian cyst rupturing.  It was never ending and with that endometriosis was also a factor.  I am 41 years old, I am not taking hormone replacements and do not wish to take them.  The hot flashes have begun and disrupt my sleep at night. What are the alternatives if any?
When I first had the hysterectomy the hot flashes and emotional highs and lows came on right away.Do to the endo my doctor said no hormones for at least six months because the endo had to die out first.By the time the six months came it was much better already so I choose no hormones.I do take calcium everyday and a multi vitamin.My new doctor was very worried about my bones do to no ovaries so he sent me for a bone scan.
I work very hard physically at work and I joined curves about 4 years ago do to weight gain after surgery.My bone scan came back great! So it is a personal choice but I would never take hrt.
I am post menopausal(for the most part) and did not take any HRT. I used the following from the Vitamin Store(or most health food stores):

change of life
evening primrose(Ultra 1500)
estro(or pro) mensil
progestorone HP cream on back on hands
calcium with D

i started off with highest rec. dose and gradually scaled down. Still seem to get monthly cylci "warm flashes" and migraines, but the above kept me off HRT.

Good luck
I had a total hysterectomy in april 2001 and i am 38 almost shy of 39 and I am having the worst hot flashes.It feels like my face and neck are on fire sometimes.I dont get alot of the sweating, mostly my forehead and upper lip. Does anyone have any suggestions for anything over the counter. I have heard that soy works please help.
I had a total hysterctomy Nov 2005, the hot flashes started two days later, and I still have them, daily, some days worse than others, stress seems to make them worse. I just learned to live with them.
I had a total hysterectomy about 30 yrs ago and used the patch for many years - - have been off them for about 15 yrs and now - have flashes 3-4 times a day - I sweat so bad but I don't turn red or anything but my hair and face just run. Any suggestions???
I had a hysterectomy 4 years ago, but my ovaries were left.  18 months ago they had to take my left ovary because of mass showed up on ultrasound.  One week ago I had my right ovary removed, because of many, many large cysts.  I still haven't had any menopausal symptoms.  When can I expect them?  Or should I already be having them?
2 year old thread please dont post on here, you may read and find the info helpful, but please start a new thread...thanks...Cherie
I am 50 years old i had a complete hysterectomy when i was 25 i am going thru the change i am on the vivelle dot patch but theses hot flashes are getting so bad they are making me sick. i am also having mood swings wanting to cry ect. can this be all i have to look forward to  or is there help for me? i also found out recently that i have a 4.7cm cyst on my adrenal gland is this a problem it is not cancer i had a MRI done on the other day please help
Question, i had a full hystorectomy two years ago,at 44 yrs old, due to precancer and  given hormone replacement on the way out of the hospital, they reduced the amount a year ago, i constantly have hot flashes, sweating, and weakness. Just to walk a short distance i become short of breathe, weak and sweating. I also have no sex drive at all, i lost a lot of weight after the surgery now seems i it is all coming back on.  I eat right exercise, don't drink, smoke. Could the sweats be from hypo thyroid symptoms, i can wait to find out and i am also drink soy almond milk due to the amount of estrogen it has, Any other help or ideas.
Question, i had a full hystorectomy two years ago,at 44 yrs old, due to precancer and  given hormone replacement on the way out of the hospital, they reduced the amount a year ago, i constantly have hot flashes, sweating, and weakness. Just to walk a short distance i become short of breathe, weak and sweating. I also have no sex drive at all, i lost a lot of weight after the surgery now seems i it is all coming back on.  I eat right exercise, don't drink, smoke. Could the sweats be from hypo thyroid symptoms, i can wait to find out and i am also drinking soy almond milk due to the amount of estrogen it has, Any other help or ideas.
HI I HAD A HYSTERECTOMY IN 2003 HAN BREAST CANCER IN 2005 THE BREAST WAS COMPLETLY REMOVED THEN HAD MY GALLBLADDER REMOVED THEN GOT MERCER (MRSA) IN MY RIGHT ARN AND ALL MOST LOST MY ARM NOW I HAVE DIABETES AND BECAUSE OF THE ACIDS SO BAD IN MY STOMACH I NOW HAVE FIVE HOLES IN MY THROAT AND IM ON MESD TO SEE IF IT WILL HEAL THE HOLES AND IF NOT BY JAN. OF 2012 THEY SAID THERE IS A CHANCE IT WILL TURN INTO THROAT CANCER IF THE MEDS DONT HEAL THE HOLES . I ALSO GET FACE INFECTIONS WHICH THEY DONT KNOW WHY AND I HAVE TO GO INTO THE HOSPTIAL TWICE A YEAR AND THEY HAVE TO PUT ME ON IV AND CUT MY JAW AND PACK IT AFTER THEY DRAIN IT . BUT MY QUESTION IS WHICH I DONT UNDERSTAND IS IM HOT ALL THE TIME EVEN WHEN ITS 30 DEGREES OUT AND EVERYONE IS FREEZING IM BOILING IN HOT IT STINKS THE THING IS I DONT SWEAT AND I DONT UNDER STAND WHY IF I GET SO HOT I DONT SWEAT AT ALL MY DOCTORS DONT KNOW WHY I DONT SWEAT. AND BECAUSE IVE HAD CANCER I CANT GO ON ANY KIND OF HORMONE PILLS BECAUSE I HAD THE HYSTERECTOMY IM 57 YEARS OLD ALWAYS IN PAIN FROM SCAR TISSUE. I DONT WANT TO JUST THROW IN THE TOWEL AND SAY MY LIFE IS OVER IM NOT READY TO DIE .ANY THING YOU YOU CAN SAY OR ANY ONE CAN GIVE ME FOR ADVICE ;;YES I DO PRAY A LOT /...AT THIS TIME IM WILLING TO LISTEN FOR ANYTHING  PLEASE '''''' THANK YOU '''''''' MY NAME IS SANDY''''''
So sorry your so ill. I would think your hot all the time because of some infection in your body. My husband was having what he called hot flashes and they found that he had kidney stones and kidney infection. They cleared up both and no more hot flashes. Hope your Doctors can find what is going on with your body.  Sorry I can't be of more help. Keep praying.
Hello I just had a whole hysterectomy done and it's been 3 months My systoms. We're large fibroid large uterus and 2 sisks I had a tilted uterus it was giving me back problems I had pain doing sexual intercourse bleeding heavy I had so much going on it was a choice I made I was done having kids my tubes has been tied for 11 yrs so I'm not missing out on anything I am 45 yrs old so now I am I going threw  the healing process. I have been emotional but I do have a wonderful family by my side. And my all mighty god he will see me threw it all.
I had almost the same thing! I had my full hysterectomy nov. 14 ,2013 and now trying to figure out these dam hotflashes. I am 48 years young. I am a middle school art teacher for the past 25 years... This will be interesting when I work full time now. I just got done with my time off,but have had two more days due to the deep freeze! -40 wind chill here in Wisconsin!