Aa
A
A
Close
Hot/cold flashes after ovary removal
Hi, just joined this site after having my right ovary removed a week ago due to a cyst. I've been having hot and cold flashes the last few day's and am wondering if any one else has experienced this? I had been told that my left ovary would continue to function as usual and I wouldn't need any hormones. I'm 31

This discussion is related to ovary removal at 24 years old....
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hi, and welcome to this forum. You may want to set up an appointment with your Gynecologist to have your hormone levels tested. It is true that if you have one ovary left it usually produces hormones. But, you did have one removed so there could be a drop in your hormone level.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I also had my left ovary removed, which had a large endometrioma attached to it. They also removed my tubes and did an eblation. They were covered in endometriosis. Since I had my surgery, I've had major hot flashes and night sweats. So I totally get it. Did you get a solution to your problem? I'm waiting for my doctor to get back to me. I take birth control regularly to keep the endometriosis at bay and it should have helped with my hormones, but it's not. Just curious about your situation. Thanks
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hysterectomy Community Resources