Loss of Libido
I am a 23 year old woman with two kids ages 2 & 6 and have been with my husband for 7 years. Our sex life has always been great and we've never had any issues, until recently.
For the last 4 years, I had problems with cysts on my right ovary and subsequently I had my right ovary removed September 2012. Recently, I've noticed an incredible loss of sex drive to the point where I don't even think about it and I have to force myself to want it for my husband. Could my lack of one ovary be the culprit? Are there any solutions?
I am also on the depo shot since my 2 year old was born.
Yes, it could be because of having your ovary removed. It could also be caused by the shot. I would recommend talking to your gynecologist about this.
yes it could be. There are times also when you remove one ovary within 3 months to a year the other one stops functioning so what you are feeling could likely be menopausal symptoms.