Novasure vs Hysterectomy
Novasure vs Hysterectomy   Women's Health

When was Novasure created 20 years ago?  How long has the procedure been available?
Is having the Novasure procedure and uterine ablation just a bandaid for a Hysterectomy? I'm 53 had ectopic pregnancy, 2 miscarriages, 3 abortions, (no full term) 3 D & C, PeriMenopausal,  I go through 10  pads a day for the first 5 days of my menstral cycle and my period lasts for 10 days.  I might skip 1 month ot 2 then I'm like clock work again. I had a Myomectomy 3 years ago.  Family history my Mom had a hysterectomy 51 many fibriods and heavy bleeding. Will I have to take hormones if I get a hysterectomy?

Thank you for your quick comments!
my mom got a total shysterectomy and she doesnt need to take hormones. She just takes vitamins. Granted your downstairs isnt there anymore, your hormones are. atleast til they dry up. look on the bright side, you wont be spending so much on pads. My mom still has yet to grow any unwanted hair, and shes 55, got the hysterectomy about 4 years ago.- Still looks the same. Even lost weight =) Hope this helps.
Hi ~ I had an ablation in 2008 due to heavy bleeding. After the ablation, I still had periods but not quite as heavy. They are now getting super heavy again and my uterus gets so enlarged before my period that it pushes on my bladder. I am going to get a partial hysterectomy next month. I am going to keep my ovaries so will not have to take hormones.
Hi Daine and Angela,

Thank you both for sharing your personal experiences! I pray that you both get what ever issues that your going through healed!  I pray that all of your female family members go through the change without Hot Flashes, fibroid turmors, lots of bleeding or Moodiness!  

I'm going in for a laparoscopy diagnostic to determine where the 5cc fibroid that couldn't be removed 3 years ago from the abdominal myomectomy.  After that it will determine which type of hysterectomy.  The goal is not to have any left in my body.  If I still need to do some that it will be a  laparoscopic hysterectomy recovery time is 2 weeks versus abdominal hysterectomy 8-10 weeks recovery time.

God Bless you both and anyone else that's going through this!
Happy JKA :)