Thermal Ablasion
Has anyone had a thermal ablasion done?  I had one 3 years ago and haven't had a period for 2 yrs until last month. Why did it start back up?  

I was told by my doctor you can't get pregnant after having it done but I wanted to know if he was wrong and if it's possible because I feel pregnant.  Maybe it's in my head but I just wanted to know if it's possible.  I haven't done a test yet.  Has anyone had this done to them and what did their doctor tell them about getting pregnant.  And...did your periods come back after they had stopped for so long like mine????
Hi there, welcome to the forum..hope to offer some thoughts and answers some of your questions.

A thermal ablasion is intended to destroy lining of uterus..for heavy bleeding ,,it should stop menses, however in many cases periods to come back, sometimes even sooner than yours. The bleeding should be less, with less clotting factor.

What makes you think your possibly pregnant..? classic symptoms..nausea, tender breasts etc...or is it more of a instinct?

Yes it would be possible, it is also possible that at your age you are peri-menopausal which could explain some break through bleeding.

In either case it sounds to me as if something hormonal is going on..so please see your Gyno as soon as you can.

Let me know please, women have gotten pregnant with greater odds against them,,Id be curious to know.

Hope you get an answer soon,, could always buy a home test..but you do need to see gyn anyways .

Cherie

Thanks Cherie.  I called my OBGYN and talked to the nurse (I'm not due for an exam) she didn't seem concerned about my periods starting back up, and even less concerned because it was not heavy or even a normal flow but only more like spotting.  She also didn't seem concerned that I might be pregnant, she didn't think that could happen so she said to just wait and see for now.  
Your Welcome cartel...however go with your instincts...not a phone call from a nurse...fact is she may be right or she may be wrong..

chances are its peri-menopausal,,,,however many many menopausal women have had a late in life baby because they thought "oh it cant happen now"  so honestly if I was you Id go buy one of those ten dollar tests and take it...use first morning urine...it may say different but it has most hormones...taking the test will give you some ease of mind or some good news !!!

C