Uterine fistula
My wife recently had a c-section.  Her uterus was T'd twice up and down to get the baby out. The Uterus became opened and was leaking blood into her abdomen.  It was determined a second surgery was necessary. After that surgery she developed pneumonia among other complications. Her Incision was left open to heal. It is a month after second surgery wound still hasn't closed up CT scans show a tract from uterus to abdominal wall. She also has Septo pelvic thrombophlebitis. Doc doesn't believe it's a fistula even though that was the determination of radiology.  He wants to wait to do anything and doesn't want to do a third surgery. I feel he is ignoring the situation and not taking a proactive stance. If anyone can shed some light on what might be happening to my wife would be extremely helpful
"A fistula is an abnormal connection between an organ, vessel, or intestine and another structure. Fistulas are usually the result of injury or surgery.  They can also result from infection or inflammation.

Inflammatory bowel disease, such as ulcerative colitis or Crohn's disease, is an example of a disease that leads to fistulas between one loop of intestine and another. ...
I would  like to follow your progess on this, and see  how it works out.   I believe I got a fistula with my hystorectomy aswell.   Blessins Kathy