Hysterectomy Community
adhesions but i may get more adhesions

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

adhesions but i may get more adhesions

i have adhesions in my abdomen and neck from previous surgeries. i may need a hysterectomy and a thyroidectomy. will there be complications from my adhesions and won't i have More adhesions from these surgeries. the gyn wants to send me out of town to have my surgery on hysterectomy. he is afraid of complications. i cannot afford to go out of town. please help anyone
I see. Well, I did'nt have my surgery for the reasons you may have to have one. I wish I could give you more advice. Your Dr sounds like a good one because he has been monitoring you. And he will admit he is not comfortable doing the surgery.
Can you say why your Dr is recommending a hysterectomy? Drs are trained to work with patients that already have adhesion's. If you will indeed need the surgery and your Dr does not feel comfortable doing it, then you need to find a way to have it done out of town.
hi i may need a hysterectomy because of endometrial hyperplasia or a thickened endometrium which i am being monitored for every two months via a transvaginal ultrasound. i also have a 2.6 left ovarian cyst which is being monitored too.  i am postmenopausal. he said he didn't want to do a hysterectomy but if these conditions persist i may very well may have to. it isn't normal for a postmenopausal woman. i don't know what to expect for now. i was wondering if anyone had a situation like this. thank you
thank you remar i will see how it all goes as i proceed down this path. thank you the best to you always
You're very welcome. Will you please keep me up to date on how you're doing?
yes, remar. i will also tell you how i am doing with my chestnut size nodule non cancercous so far, on my thyroid gland. thank you for replying
That is great news! No cancer. Have you checked out out thyroid forum here? You will get a lot of information about your thyroid. The people are so nice and knowledgeable there.
i found out the results of my latest transvaginal ultrasound. ovarian cyst same but the thickened endometrium was 5.8 now it is 7.0. he wants to see me tomorrow to discuss this. well, here i go again. yes, i have been to the thyroid group. i am glad it is there as well. i have that big nodule on my thyroid which is being monitored too. the fnbiopsy showed no cancer as of last fall.
What did your Dr say about the latest results, the thickening being more?
Yes, we have a wonderful and knowledgeable thyroid forum here.
i went last week to my gyn. he stated in reply to the endometrial lining being 7 cm that he was going to do a endometrial biopsy which he did. i took advil and antianxiety med it didn't help it hurt me very very much as i also have stenosis of my cervix! I Yelled.... a day later i got a call from gyn office they didn't get enough for the biopsy results it is inconclusive. he wants to see me in two weeks which i have an appointment. he did state next time he would do a d and c because of all the pain i was in with this biopsy. i had two endometrial biopsies last year all turned out ok. he wants to check for precancerous changes if there is there. i also have to have a ca125 blood test i also have a left ovarian cyst which size remains the same as two months ago. the ca125 blood test was ok last year. this is where i am now thank you