Hysterectomy Community
bladder pain after hysterectomy
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

bladder pain after hysterectomy

I had a hysterectomy 6 weeks ago, both uterus and ovaries.  After about a month I was still having alot of pain, found out I had a bladder infection.  Cured that up but am still have a great deal of bladder area pain.  Its bad enough to have to take pain meds.   I urinate normal and have normal bowel movements. Is this normal?
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
See your Dr again and have him/her check to make sure the infection is completely cleared up. If it's clear then your bladder should be checked to make sure it was'nt nicked during surgery.
Blank
its been eight weeks, wouldn't it have healed if it were nicked?  I went back to my doc and she is sending me to a urologist.  she also had me to a CT scan.  She was honest enough to say she just doesnt know what the pain is from, which I respect, but still.. this pain is ridiculously bad, bad enough i have to take pain meds.  I am peeing and having good bowel movements and other than this pain everything seems to be working just fine....??  Any of this scenario sound familiar to anyone?
Blank
I'm glad to hear your Dr is sending you to a Urologist. Hopefully they will be able to figure out what's going on with your bladder right away. No, you should'nt be having this much pain 8 weeks after your surgery.
Blank
What are you guys doing for bowel movements? I have gas so bad that it hurts and trying to have a bowel movement is painful and I'm sitting on the toilet for a half hour. I am so frustated!
Blank
This sounds a lot like my recovery.  How are you doing now?
I am 9 1/2 weeks post op and still experiencing that nagging persistent low in my pelvis "pain".
Blank
I agree I have beenI  having huge pain from being constipated.  its been a week since I had a laprascopic total hysterectomy I feel pain from my bladder too.. tonight I have a major headache... can't wait to feel better!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hysterectomy Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...