Hysterectomy Community
bladder prolapse and cycling

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

bladder prolapse and cycling

hello I have a bladder prolaspe. I am wondering if any others have this problem. I find when cycleing the prolapse hurts. .Does this happen to other,
thanks
Hi, i had the bladder repaired 2yrs ago and due in for it again and posterior repair on wed. yes i find it hurted doing certain exercises. tried the vibroplate as told good for gentle exercise. felt like it shook the life out of me and felt it moved my organs about. sore for days.
did they give peliv floor excersises to do they have me They hurt and made me retain water.I have a lot stress incontince..I am due to have a repair .Waiting for dates. so any info would be great.
i did the exercises too but because they werent helpful i got surgery. had the kegal machine at home too. no use. i dont have the incontinence, but sometimes cant pass urine and was advised if long time since last passed, then may need it drained.more of a hassle than painful. best just to cope til your op. had bladder repaired before but failed as my kids were tiny and couldnt avoid lifting them. it wasnt very sore at all. however v concerned bout next one as will be getting anterior and posterior, and heard reports the posterior ones v sore.hope this helps.
Lots of women have prolapse of bladder either pre or post hyster, It is very very common, starts lots of time after birth of first child. Keagels help strenghten muscles to control leaking like when you sneeze or laugh hard, they have no effect what so ever on prolapse, once prolapsed it usually keeps dropping unless you get some surgical intervention, sometimes just a stitch or two sometimes a sling, in either case, its likely gonna be what you willl need. The gyn can do this surgery but a urologist /urosurgeon would be  another choice. The surgery in and of itself is done on a out patient basis in in the am out by afternoon or evening. Re-coop is not too bad, Piece of cake compared to the hyster!
what do they they in an  anteroir repair. .What does it invole.
thanks
and a and p means anterior posterior, simply put anterior is front or tissue infront of vag area and posterior is the rectal area or tissue on the side of vag nearest rectum.They repair what ever needs to be done in your particular case, could be some distortion of the anatomy of the vagina or the rectum or both from the prolapse.
I want to know what excatly they do in this kind of repair.
they cut you open with incisions, remove any tissues needed, surgically repair any defects like pockets or scar tissue or tears that would be sutured up. You will have rectal and vaginal sutures. It depends on your degree of problem sometimes the rectum or vag needs to almost be reconstructed. Since I am not a dr and I do not have any visual aids to yourspecific anatomy I can not answer this precisely for you. Honestly if I could I would.
I know a a and p is a difficult surgery, not as bad as a hyster. Your not gonna want to allow yourself to become constipated after this be careful. If I was you I would demand antibiotics. Since we are talking about operating on a clean and a not clean area, risk of cross contamination is high.
thank you for the info