Hysterectomy Community
hernias and fibroids

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

hernias and fibroids

my wife whom is latino has both hernias and fibroids in her uterus what is the best reatment
I am a bit uncertain by hernias in the uterus, I know of one condition called ingunial hernias that can happen during pregnancy or child birth, and this is quite rare. Could it perhaps be another word?   Or perhaps did one of her fibroids protrude from the uterus, into the pelvic cavity?

I know about fibroids,Medicine can shrink some fibroids. Some women need surgery. A way to treat women with fibroids is called uterine fibroid embolization. Fibroids have a large blood supply that makes them grow., will shrink or go away completely( in theory) if the blood supply is stopped. embolization is a way to stop the blood flow that makes fibroids grow. fibroid embolization is not surgery, but it's done at a hospital.  The procedure is mostly pain free
The doctor will make a tiny cut in the skin (near top of the pelvic line (basically where most women pubic hair stops). then he will insert a catheter through an artery to the uterus. When the catheter is in the doctor will inject tiny particles into the catheter. they are made of plastic or gelatin sponge, about the size of grains of sand.  These particles move through the catheter into the arteries that send blood to the fibroid. The particles will stop the blood flow to the fibroid. Over time, the fibroid will shrink in size. hopefully dissapear completley.
Another treatment for fibroids is to remove them via a laproscopic surgery, Laproscopic is not as invasive as a typical "old fashioned" incison to remove anything from the pelvis. The scars are very small slightly smaller than an inch. The hospital may possibly keep her over night, usually not.
Cherie sorry about the misinformation, my wife has both a hernia and fibroids however only the fibroids are in the uterus the hernia is not in the uterus it is a normal hernia