Hysterectomy Community
hot flashes and night sweats

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

hot flashes and night sweats

after my hysterectomy 2 years ago i have hot flashes and night sweats it is severe i have tried everthing at the wal mart pharmacy over the counter nothing is working im going crazy pls help me on wat to do
Avatar_dr_f_tn
HI,
For distressing menopausal symptoms, you will need HRT (hormone replacement therapy) and over the counter medicines will not help. You need a systematic evaluation for hormone levels and a thorough examination to find out whether HRT will be suitable for you. Consult your Doctor.  
Hope this helps.
Hi kimmy.
I had a hysterectomy 4 months ago and I understand what you are going through. I immediately start having hot flashes and night sweats and it was absolutly horrible.
I spoke with my doctor and he put me on Venlafaxine HCL ER TSBS he said to make sure they don't give me the generic because if it is not the Venlafaxine HCL ER (extended release) it will make me sick ( throw up).
I have been on it for two weeks now and it really works for me. I still have hot flashes but only once or twice a day instead of having them like every 30 minutes. If you look it up on the Internet if specifically says that it is for hot flashes.
Talk to your doctor and see if that is something  that you can use. It has made my life so much better.
Good luck and I hope that this can work for you.
I am needyoknow00
If anyone can answer my question I would be greatly appreciated. I am very concern. Please if anyone has Ny information pleases let me know. Please. Please see comment above.
I had a complete hysterectomy 4 years ago and went into surgical menopause. They did a complete hormone panel and the normal range for a female is approx 24, mine was 76!!
I went with the natural HRT patch derived from a plant instead of the pill Premarin or Prempro derived from horse mare urine. It works great for me and I am in the lowest dose .5.
Had hysterectomy back in April but still have left ovary. About 3 weeks after my op I began to experience bad day and night sweats. I went to see my doctor and she prescribed me Clonidine tablets. I have been taking them for just 3 days and they have dramatically helped to decrease the amount of sweats. As my doctor explained they may not work the same for everybody but like myself you would try anything to ease the sweats. I hope that the tablets are a temporary solution and that the sweats will stay away for good!

Sheila