Hysterectomy Community
how long to expect discharge after D&C and polypectomy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

I'm a 53 year old menopausal woman,who after consulting my GYN about my decended uterus  as well as a mass (polyp) extending outside the introitus I was given different optionsas what to do with the situation, and at this time Ideclined  a hysterectomy before getting a second opinion , however, I opted to have the 4cm mass removed as well as a D&C done under anesthesia as well as a hysteroscopy. This is now weeks post-op and my question is how long will I have to deal with  discharge and some small bleeding when  using toilet paper after  toilet visits.Is this normal  or should I go and see my GYN again ? I have made an appointment next month for a second opinion , and may opt to have a total hysterectomy after all. Well, I hope this isn't so unusual   and to mention that  all the lab results were ok.
You didnt say how long post op, but if it is over 2 weeks for what you had done I would call gyn at the very least. Also if it is a large amount of blood don't wait, if its scant amount I would not be alarmed.  I bled for 6 weeks after vag'hysto and I am 12 weeks and the stitches are still in there undesolved....it takes time to heal down there.
Thank you for your answer, and it was almost six weeks post-op, so
I did call my Gyn and they called me in for an office visit. It does take time for healing, and  fortunately  he seemed  to find nothing wrong with me and the area on the cervix where the polyps were removed had healed nicely. Now I can get ready to have my second opinion regarding my still prolapsed uterus, and then evaluate if I shuold go the full length and just have a hysterectomy performed , or continue to adapt to my situation and just "live with it".  hopefully you are recovering nicely yourself, thanks again, Marion
I bled for 60 days following my D&C...it was light bleeding but every day for 60 days.
I was sent to a specialist for hormone testing.  Eventually, the bleeding stopped after 60 days.  Most of the women I told (including medical personnel) were shocked to hear about 60 days of bleeding.  The D&C eventually did help my heavy bleeding problem.  But only partially.  I am still dealing with it every month or so.  I am 54, not in menopause yet.