Hysterectomy Community
oarl sex

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

oarl sex

I had my laperscopic hysterectomy last week, is it okay to ingage in oarl sex...ive looked everywhere and it just says no sex nothing about oarl sex....plz help
I would check with a doctor as orgasming of any sort is going to contract muscles down there, which may be what they're trying to avoid you doing.  If you're giving it and your body's not straining or in any pain, that may be alright, but if it's something being done to you, I would consult your surgeon.
I would say wait but that is up to you. I am not sure the dangers but I would assume you would be in pain still no?

I would be worried about bacteria (the mouth is not the cleanest part of the body) since you had major surgery in the area just last week, and about the contractions breaking apart some of the raw areas that are trying to heal.  Did your doctor say "no sex," or did he perhaps say "complete pelvic rest?"  That is what my doc said after my C-section, complete pelvic rest for 6 weeks.  Meaning, no orgasms no matter how I came by them.
I would think it would be muscle strain...

I avoided everything for the complete 8 weeks after mine...Not saying I made my husband wait, but I did...LOL...

I didn't want to risk the chance of having to wait longer if something happened down there..