problems after hysterectomy
just had a partial hysterectomy still have my ovaries April 27, 2012... Im having pain when having a bowel moment.. its soo bad i was told not to force everything will go back to normal. No matter what I take high fiber, water etc cant go every day like before. Gained about 10lbs since surgery which isnt good since im a weight watcher follower but im always hungry not even fruit fills me up like before surgery. I also cant seem to hold my urine especially at night...HELP
HI,
Constipation can be easily managed by drinking lots of water and liquids, high fibre diet and mild laxatives. But if there is pain and also for the inability to hold urine you should consult your Doctor for a check up. Weight gain can be because of the imposed rest after a major surgery and can be tackled with the help of regular exercise and dietary modification at a later date.
Hope this helps.
Thank you for your reply..Im new and didnt realize you had responded.
I do drink 100 oz of water daily, taking in more fibre and tried mild laxatives with no results. I do have a small amount of bowel moments every once in awhile but find that im forcing it each time and it gets painful. For the fact that I can hold my bladder... since I had both partial hysterctomy and the bladder lift.. who do I contact with these problems. Once again, thank you
Marisa
I was happy to see this post.I'm having the same problem and it is very painful. I almost double over with pain. I'm going to go see my doctor soon.I had same surgery in september.
Hi... did you see your doctor and if so..what were you told? was this normal?
thank you marisa