Improve MedHelp Suggestions Community
What happens if you become a health professional

This forum is to discuss ideas for new features and functionality - ways to improve MedHelp. This forum is NOT the place to ask Medical Questions or submit technical issues. If you have a Medical Question, please post it in the appropriate forum. If you have questions, please read our FAQs.

I started using medhelp when I was 15, now I am a pre-med student in college, which means that assuming nothing goes wrong, I will eventually be a healthcare professional (doctor).  When that happens, assuming I want to, will there be a way to change my account?  Or do I open a separate account, or what?
Actually when you do became a medical professional we have a screening process that we do.  Simply contact us and let us know when you are ready :)  Thanks for being a part of our community for so long, we certainly value your loyalty.
You would open a new account, or change your user name, if you want to be answering things from a more professional viewpoint and no longer have your answers associated with what you said when you were on the site at age 15.  I believe that if you move to a new user name, someone who is interested might be able to look up your profile and find the old one (it used to be that way on MedHelp but I don't know if it works like that any more), but only a really motivated poster would do this, most people just want someone comment on their question.  And in a lot of ways it does not matter anyway if they read things you wrote years ago, everyone grows and changes, especially someone who started posting on the site at 15. who is now pre-med.