birthmark
Hi Doctor.  I will do my best to summarize.  I was born with a birthmark in my right eye where the 'white' of my eye is dark grey/purple thus causing one eye color to be darker than the other.  I have never had a vision problem. However, part of my face, eye lid, and under my eye are discolored.  It looks like a huge bruise.  I was also in a bad car accident where I was passenger and a car t-boned us hitting my side primarily (right side) causing a major head injury.  That was 10 years ago and I was very lucky. With the right amount of make-up no one would know but it takes time to cover up. It gradually got worse and am not sure if it's due to birthmark or head injury. I guess my questions are:  
                         * Do you know what the birthmark is called  (maybe a strand of heterochromia?)
                         *When skin is so discolored, are there any procdures that can lighten or fix it? Esp around such a delicate area?  It's heavily discolored ...

I am in good health and get compliments on my looks all the time. If I didn't have make-up... I would be looked at like a freak perhaps.

Thanks for your time,
Quandry1 :)
This forum is only for those with Incontinentia Pigmenti, and I don't think you have this condition.  Perhaps another site would be able to answer your questions.