Infectious Diseases Community
I need help with Jock Itch?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Infectious Diseases,such as: MRSA, Staph, Herpes Zoster/Shingles, Varicella (chicken pox), Coxsackievirus, CMV, Foodborne/Waterborne, Meningitis, C diff and other

I need help with Jock Itch?

I'm having issues lately with Tinea Cruris in my groin and one of my armpit has one patch and it is ichy. I have been applying Anti-Fungal cream Itchmosol and the itchiness goes away but the next day it grows up again, I didn't have it in my armpit but has been infected recently, apart from hygiene, is there any other effective cream I could use? Thank you.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
In the treatment of jock itch there are certain precautions which must be taken along with medications. .Keep the skin clean and dry. Wear loose clothing. Avoid clothing that rubs and irritates the area. You may need treatment by a health care provider if your infection has been persisting longer than 2 weeks or if it’s severe or frequently returns. You healthcare provider may prescribe stronger antifungal medications or oral antifungal may be needed. Few other conditions which may mimic jock itch are pubic lice, eczema, lichen simplex chronicus etc.It is best to consult a doctor. Do keep me posted.
Take care and regards!
Thank you for the respone doc. I have had it over a month now but it is much better after applying the anti-fungal cream continuously. A while ago I had stopped the cream use and it had returned, but now it is getting better and not itchy at all since I apply the cream regularly. At first on the medial sides of both my thighs there were red patches, I thought it was just due to the changing climate and humidity back then, but it persisted and turned into itchy brown skin, I hope it vanishes or I will definitely consult a doc in person. I'm free of other mimicing conditions for I know, though,

Thank you once again and my regards,
Dhyaneshwar Kalani,
Medical Student