Aa
A
A
Close

Infectious Diseases Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Infectious Diseases,such as: MRSA, Staph, Herpes Zoster/Shingles, Varicella (chicken pox), Coxsackievirus, CMV, Foodborne/Waterborne, Meningitis, C diff and other

1 - 20 (of 2830) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
16445906_tn?1448002820
Ever since I developed a fear that I have HIV from a 30 second encounter no ejaculation took place.. I tested for everything including HIV at 5 weeks and 3 months. I tested negative in november. I then noticed a lymph node under my jaw l...
random20 | Last comment
Hello everyone. in July 2014, I had a protected anal sexual encounter with a woman. The condom did not break / fall off, etc. after the encounter I developed a huge range of symptoms which to a degree all continue today, 1 year later. ...
Confused7765 | Last answer
I am writing to you wondering if I have yeast overgrowth. I am a 23 year old male living in Jefferson, OH and I believe that I got this from sleeping in a moldy basement for about a year. It all started after I slept in the basement for ...
kev07 | Last answer
How does one get to the RIGHT doctor for an undiagnosed systemic fungal infection? I have a working Immune System and no other illness and I believe I have been misdiagnosed for 26 years with seasonal allergies and sinus infections. I ca...
kara902 | Last answer
I got infected with abscess, so i got a i&d done at a nearby hospital. I got called for dressing after 1 day and during the dressing pus was still present on the surface which the doctor removed and completed the dressing procedure, toda...
shaurya230 | Last answer
i went to get a haircut a year ago, when i left i was infested with an unknown parasite, fungus or bacteria. i know its from the hairdressers, within 10min of leaving i could feel them. i thought they'd wash out. then i thought they ...
aaaaaaaarghBugs | Last comment
any idea what would cause esinophilic folliculitis?
jockojohnson | Last answer
Hello. Thanks for taking time to read my post. I bought a box of 100 Nitrile gloves online to do household tasks. The box of gloves arrived eight days ago from China. Yesterday I opened it and put a pair of gloves on, the gloves tear a...
Richard596 | Last answer
Dear. Dr. background.. month of Feb 2014 i have sex with my ex girlfriendmonth of March 2014 i have white discharge every morning, pain in urinating and itchy sensationi go to urologist and he said i have gonorrhea without any test, ...
thopx | Last answer
I had a Hepatitis Screen. Results are below: Hep A IgM Non-Reactive Hep B Core, IgM Non-Reactive Hep Bs Ag Non-Reactive Hep C Ab Non-Reactive Hep C Signal to Cutoff 0.42 The 0.42 number concerns me as...
ec313 | Last answer
Labs returned with concerning results. Western Blot band IgM 23 and IgG 41 and 45 were "present abnormal" CMV and EBV were both off the charts high Liver enzymes High at 44 with normal range being 0-32 Can anyone tell me ...
tdavis1975 | Last answer
Hello! This is a bit of a strange question but I wanted to find out if it's possible as my friend asked me but I wasn't able to answered it. If a new hypodermic needle touches a surface (let's say the pavement, floor, piece of clothi...
Richard596 | Last answer
I have been getting oral thrush off and on for maybe 10/15 years. I was recently diagnosed with c-diff. Is there a possibility that these two things are associated with each other ? The c-diff has already progressed to colitis. I recentl...
Barbie516 | Last answer
I work in a medical lab and today one of my colleagues broke a vial that contained some blood, small quantity. About an hour later I found some broken glass on the laboratory floor and accidentally one piece entered my shoe, I did not no...
Richard596 | Last answer
Hi!I hope someone will give me some advise. I am suffering with a sudden fever with chills for 6months now. The fever will just occur every now and then and after a few hours I will be back to normal again. I have been to different hospi...
Engr08jen | Last answer
It seem's my life is turning into a living hell with symptom's that nobody believe's yet I have proof of what is torturingme. First of all I am of sane mind... I have worked for Kaiser for the last 7 years and have a stable life... unti...
ShellyDash | Last comment
Hello I am a 24 old male seeking help. When I was around 18 or 19 I got bit by a tick in the stomach and did not notice it until a few days later. There was some redness and swelling but I did not notice any bulls eye rash that is connec...
Captainkirk1991 | Last answer
Very embarrassing question; can an canine infection be passed to a human by simply touching a dogs sheath (Definitely not the penis itself just the furry outside) and then very briefly touching your own penis? This was not sexual activit...
trickster820 | Last answer
Recently I was reading some articles about rabies and thought of a small incident. I live in California. About three weeks ago, one evening, as I walked out of the gate of the complex I live in, I felt the gate knob was wet. It was dark ...
dumbbetty | Last answer
1807132_tn?1318747197
My boyfriend's mother may have TB. She came home from Mexico and about 4 or so days later started to feel sick. She did not seek medical help for almost 2 weeks. While in the hospital they ran a skin test and a first sputum test that ...
Michelle3811 | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Infectious Diseases Community Resources