Infectious Diseases Community
manager

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Infectious Diseases,such as: MRSA, Staph, Herpes Zoster/Shingles, Varicella (chicken pox), Coxsackievirus, CMV, Foodborne/Waterborne, Meningitis, C diff and other

manager

if i take alchol in the night following day i am getting my foot and angle swell
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Are there other symptoms present? Swelling of the foot and ankle or edema can be caused by abnormal buildup of fluid. If there was no trauma or injury, it  can be attributed to being overweight, excessive alcohol intake, blood clot in the leg, leg infection and structural problems like veins in the legs cannot properly pump blood back to the heart.
If it persists, it is best that you refrain from drinking alcohol at this point and  have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation and to rule out heart, kidney, or liver failure. Take care and do keep us posted.
hi saw your issue ive struggled with that  it seems forever first off im an alcoholic so im sure i drank wayyyyyy more than u do but even the days i only drank a little id swell my edema-swelling was def worse when i would drink alcohol i would have to take my shoes off and alot of times my rings if i could get them off when i stopped drinking it seemed better for a couple days then bam i really swelled and was now pitting which means if u push your finger where the swelling for 5-7seconds the skin wont bounce back it leaves a dent finally went to md i have 3-4 undiagnosed pitting edema im on fluid pills which i hate try not drinking at all for a while see what happens if it continues u should prob see an md if it stops its prob the alcohol which might not be what u want to hear im no md just a swollen alcoholic trying to stay sober oh also elevate your legs when they swell let me know how you r doin