Insomnia - Adult Expert Forum
No sleep Sunday nights
About This Forum:

Questions in the Sleep & Insomnia Forum are being answered by Dr. Gregg D. Jacobs.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
No sleep Sunday nights
Hi there.

I am a 30 year old white male in Ontario, Canada.  I am currently taking Irbesartan and Hydrochlorothiazide after visiting my doctor on the topic of high blood pressure (185/105) 4 weeks ago.  I have been a truck driver for 5 years and my sleeping habits were not stable but very regular.  Since going on the medication the headaches and dizziness have stopped.  

About 10 days after beginning the medication I have had trouble sleeping Sunday nights only.  I lay awake and toss and turn.  Occasionally looking at the clock only to see it has been 1/2 hour since I last looked at it.  This goes on every Sunday now.  I manage to finally doze off around 5-6am and then I am awake at 9 or 9:30 and cannot fall asleep again.  I do not know if I am getting short periods of sleep during the night but it feels as if I am not.  I find my mind drifting around on different topics while I lay there.  Even when I try to shut my mind down I cannot.  I am on the verge of insanity over this.

I have tried warm milk, a shower/bath, masturbation and meditation.  Nothing seems to help.  I do have a doctors appointment in 7 days but I was hoping to get some information to help me next Sunday. This has me quite scared and upset. As a truck driver I need my sleep Sunday nights before hitting the road Monday evening.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
707647 tn?1251492147
You should begin the behavioral techniques outlined in my blogs and website for improving your sleep.

Dr. Jacobs
Discussion is closed
Cancel
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank