Insomnia - Adult Expert Forum
No sleep Sunday nights
About This Forum:

Questions in the Sleep & Insomnia Forum are being answered by Dr. Gregg D. Jacobs.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

No sleep Sunday nights

Hi there.

I am a 30 year old white male in Ontario, Canada.  I am currently taking Irbesartan and Hydrochlorothiazide after visiting my doctor on the topic of high blood pressure (185/105) 4 weeks ago.  I have been a truck driver for 5 years and my sleeping habits were not stable but very regular.  Since going on the medication the headaches and dizziness have stopped.  

About 10 days after beginning the medication I have had trouble sleeping Sunday nights only.  I lay awake and toss and turn.  Occasionally looking at the clock only to see it has been 1/2 hour since I last looked at it.  This goes on every Sunday now.  I manage to finally doze off around 5-6am and then I am awake at 9 or 9:30 and cannot fall asleep again.  I do not know if I am getting short periods of sleep during the night but it feels as if I am not.  I find my mind drifting around on different topics while I lay there.  Even when I try to shut my mind down I cannot.  I am on the verge of insanity over this.

I have tried warm milk, a shower/bath, masturbation and meditation.  Nothing seems to help.  I do have a doctors appointment in 7 days but I was hoping to get some information to help me next Sunday. This has me quite scared and upset. As a truck driver I need my sleep Sunday nights before hitting the road Monday evening.
707647_tn?1251492147
You should begin the behavioral techniques outlined in my blogs and website for improving your sleep.

Dr. Jacobs
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...