Insomnia - Adult Expert Forum
Sleep Problems caused me to drop out of school.. what could be causing ...
About This Forum:

Questions in the Sleep & Insomnia Forum are being answered by Dr. Gregg D. Jacobs.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Sleep Problems caused me to drop out of school.. what could be causing my symptoms?
As a child I was:
- very hyper or very upset - sensitive to smell, touch and light - did not want to go to bed, but when i did, it was very hard for me to wake up - had gi problems - overweight
Now I am (18 years old): - depressed.. never super happy or never angry: goes to normal to major depression off and on. - sensitive to light - EXHAUSTED occasionally have insomnia but constantly fatigued.. i have slept for 30 hours a few times.. it has caused me to drop out of school. - weak - i am a vegetarian, i dont eat very healthy i'm 5'1" and about 140 lbs - my periods are extremely irregular - i get sick very easily - indoor and outdoor allergies - i have had HPV for 2 yrs - random burst of energy last about an hour  -I feel as if there is a barrier blocking me from doing the things I want.
- i have been to the hospital quite a few times in the last year for:strep C,appendicitis, a mysterious horrible stomach pain (worse than having appendicitis).. could be alcohol related, but after a few days i went home and other random things
I have been seeing psychiatrists since I was eleven.. been on many different medications. I've had two sleep studies done- one saying i had insomnia; the other saying i had sleep delayed phase syndrome and possibly narcolepsy.
I've stayed in a psychiatric hospital twice: once when I was eleven and the second when i was 17 for depression.
I am now on Lexapro and Lamictal... it helps me be less suicidal, but doesn't help with the fatigue. Occasionally I take Provigil if i have something important to stay awake for.. I don't want to take it every day because it makes it hard for me to sleep that night. Provigil does help me be less tired. I take 200 mg. I had a physical about three months ago, and everything seemed to be normal..Can anyone help me??
Discussion is closed
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
707647_tn?1251492147
Since you have been evaluated by a sleep clinic, and you are under the care of apsychiatrist, they are the professionals who need to answer your questions.

Dr. Jacobs
Discussion is closed
Cancel
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now