New and nervous
New and nervous about IC therapy. I am a little nervous about what I have read online regarding the physical therapy. I shy about my body and worried about the pain. Do you think that I could taake a xanax prior to my 1st therapy ?(I've already had my exam with the therapist and I thought it was just for an angulated coccyx).
Also read about having a pulsing probe inserted into the vagina. Could this cause arousal or even orgasm in some women? That would be even more embarrassing! Thanks
Hi there!

Physical therapy shouldn’t be bad. A trained physical therapist should be gradual with the therapies and unlikely to cause severe discomfort. Xanax wouldn’t help with the pain in case there is, but would rather make you drowsy. The pulse probe therapy is done at a stretch for 10-15 minutes and is unlikely to result in an orgasm.
Hope this information is helpful.

Take care!
Xanax would relax you some...it might change what they are working on though...had the probe..no arousal...it was all very clinical... just showed my muscles think they are working when I think my brain is telling them to..and then they just release...Sometimes valium is prescribed for relaxation on a suppository ...it helps..but not with the pain..good days and bad days...I am one of the many faces of IC in the book...The Mustang Designers daughter ...I hope that you know you are not alone..and we just take this one day at a time..take some deep breaths..try too...hurts huh?? breath in brrath out through your mouth..relax..we are all in this together and we have come a long long way! !! Good Luck!!