Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
Ativia and loose stools

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) issues such as: Aggravating Factors, Alternative Therapies, Anxiety, Constipation, Depression, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs, Hormonal Changes, Living With - Managing IBS, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pain, Prevention, Research, Stress, Support Groups, Symptoms, Treatment

Ativia and loose stools

Just wondering if anyone has been taking activia for their digestive problems and so, does it seem to bother anyones gowels (loose stools) in particular, i would like to start eating eat but sometimes yogurt makes me go loose the next day, any other products that are better i would appreciate knowing about.

thanks

crumy
I have activa in my fridge. I only take it on a full stomach. Actually i tried every day for about one week and it resulted in loose bowels. This only replaces the intestinal flora that is lost. It also has sugar in it. Be careful how much you eat.:O)
They make Activia seem soooooo healthy for you when in fact it contains high fructose corn syrup and milk from cows that are treated with anti-biotics (yikes).
You're better off going to a health food store and buying probiotics. I live gas free and have a regular BM every morning like clock work Thanks to probiotics i take in capsule form and it keeps in my fridge .
Pretty much everything that is advertised on television is poison if you really read the ingredients. If you cant pronounce it DONT EAT IT!
IMO