Aa
A
A
Close
Diagnosed with ibs but still have bleeding from bowl?
Hi - I have been having low abdominal pain since last november, it keeps me from sleeping and some days I can stand/ sit it can be so painful. I also have joint pain and I tired all the time. I have blood in my diarreah and also have bloody mucus, no pain from the bleeding like I have had before with anal fissures etc, I was sent for a flexible sigmoidoscopy and it cam back as normal.. so they have said it is ibs? All the sites and info I have read say that bleeding is not part of IBS.. Im confused and fustrated - any one got any thoughs or similar experiences I would appreciate any advice.
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1340994 tn?1374197577
It sounds more like inflammatory bowel disease, such as Crohns' disease.  
Comment
Cancel
1340994 tn?1374197577
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I have some of the similar symptoms and my health professionals also said that IBS does not have bleeding.  I was diagnosed with IBD many years ago.  Might want to ask them again or seek out a second opinion and conduct further tests.  It is unusual that despite your symptoms your sigmoidoscopy came back negative.  A full colonoscopy would reveal at least some inflammation and source of the bleeding/ulcers.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community Resources