Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
Digestive enzymes

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) issues such as: Aggravating Factors, Alternative Therapies, Anxiety, Constipation, Depression, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs, Hormonal Changes, Living With - Managing IBS, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pain, Prevention, Research, Stress, Support Groups, Symptoms, Treatment

Digestive enzymes

Has anyone tried these for GI stomach ache, nausea and bloating?  If so, have they helped?
I tried Align a few weeks ago for a couple of days and seemed to get worse!
Go to a helathfood market and buy a good "Probiotic" with a high count like Jarrow brand, or eat a lot of a good brand of yougurt, without the sugar and add ons   FTB4
Try Probiotics for better digestion and Simethicone for the gas until the good bacteria build up The over the counter brand of Simethicone is GasX, The Chewables work much faster than the tablets.  Good Luck FTB4
I had tried Align a couple ofttimes a few weeks ago and I was worse!!
Yes, I have OTC Simethicone too but since my stomach is now hurting also, I use the liquid on and off.
No doctor can tell me why I wake up every morning now between 4:00 and 5:00 clammy on my chest and neck then my stomach starts up.  I have been getting up to take the antacid and going back to bed then get up nauseated and bloated.  I am getting very little sleep.  My appetite is next to nothing, have been trying to not eat gluten or lactose and I don't eat anything after dinner, only drink water.  
I read Dr Victoria Bowmann's book, You Gotta Have Guts, and she has lots of natural suggestions for all sorts of stomach problems. There is an entire chapter on probiotics like Align, so maybe this could help you sort things out.
Thanks.  I just can't seem to control this even on a very limited diet

As you probably know there are many, many digestive problems, so digestive enzymes may or may not help you.  If  you can see a good doctor, or naturopath with a lot of experience in this area, that would be best.
What I've learned about my own problem, loose stools and bouts of nausea is that I need to take enzymes now at every meal or I feel sickish in my stomach.  

I am using one called Digest Spectrum by Enzymedica that does seem to make things better, much better.  Also I stopped throwing my food down.  I'm chewing and chewing until my food is mixed well with saliva which is the first step in the digestive process that I was completely missing.  

There are several different choices of enzymes by this company.  The reason I decided to try them is that the one I chose is supposed to digest the most common foods people can be intolerant of.  In my case, I am intolerant of dairy, soy, gluten, egg and more.  

So far, then, taking those two steps has put an end to the bouts of nausea I was having.  Yyeeaayy!  Hope this is helpful.

Motherdog_grrr
Try a low residue diet and enzymes can actually hurt your stomach if you are not eating high fat food or red meet.  Focus on your diet. And try Spirulina, green algae protein product.

Debra