Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
IBS???
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) issues such as: Aggravating Factors, Alternative Therapies, Anxiety, Constipation, Depression, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs, Hormonal Changes, Living With - Managing IBS, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pain, Prevention, Research, Stress, Support Groups, Symptoms, Treatment

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

IBS???

I have gone to gastroenterologists twice in the past year and based on what my symptoms were I was told I more than likely have IBS. I do get the bloating, gas, frequent bowel movements (but not diarrhea) and a tender feeling in my abdominal muscles at times, lately the tender muscles has been every day!   My question is- does anyone else have extremely sensitive nerves in their gut area? Mine is occurring every day, if I bend, lift, wear tight waisted pants& any type of exercise including simple stuff like yoga and casual bike riding.  I don't know what to do anymore it is effecting my life. Anyone have this issue???

yoga, biking, etc.
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Irritable bowel is a disorder that affects the nerves and muscles of the bowel. This causes abdominal pain and irregular bowel movements. For the pain medications like Antispasmodics relax the muscle of the stomach and intestines. These drugs help relieve abdominal pain. They are dicyclomine (Bentyl) and hyoscyamine (Anaspaz, Cystospaz).Also, low doses of tricyclic antidepressants such as amitriptyline (Elavil) or nortriptyline (Aventyl, Pamelor) taken at bedtime appear to alleviate abdominal pain. So, consult your doctor for these medications.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Blank
Thank you for your reply. I was prescribed An antispasmodic but did nothing for me at all. I do take a low dose of an anxiety med daily and it just helps a little. Since I get pain and inflamation (inflammation) after exercising do you recommend I stop or continue doing it anyway?  I don't know if the exercise is doing continued harm
Blank
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Symptoms for IBS can be triggered by certain precipitating factors. Treatment for IBS is avoiding triggering factors which initiate or worsen the symptoms of IBS like exercise for you – very sensitive bowel may react to normal exercise of everyday living. You can stop exercise and see if your symptoms are improving. Once stabilized, you can slowly introduce mild exercises like walking and then progress further.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank