Is having 3-5 bowel movements a day normal?
Hi I am 27 and eat extremely healthy, no fast food/no junk food (other than occasional hot cheetos). I have 3-5 bowel movements a day and it's normal consistency for the most part. Maybe 1-2 times a week I have diarrhea but just about all movements are normal and consistent. Is it healthy to have that many bowel movements a day?
I have heard that 3 times daily is normal but I personnally think that up to five is a little much. Also I heard that you should go for every meal you eat like 3 meals 3 BMs. Try to read a food diary to know what fodd is giving you diarrhea. Hope everything turns out great.

Sometimes I have anywhere from 2 to 6 .It all depends if my IBS is playing up.Last weekend,I suffered quite bad with my IBS,I had frequent bowel movements,and diarrhea,7 in total.All last week I only had 3 movements,but today I had 7 before 2 o'clock,a bit constipated I think...

Thats why I am know eating plenty of fiber ,and will try the suggestion recommended by Joalbert.

Hope this helps?.