Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
pain under left rib
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) issues such as: Aggravating Factors, Alternative Therapies, Anxiety, Constipation, Depression, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs, Hormonal Changes, Living With - Managing IBS, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pain, Prevention, Research, Stress, Support Groups, Symptoms, Treatment

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

pain under left rib

i have a pain in left rib at front feels like baby foot under there like when i was pregnant had my child over year ago the pain comes if driving or sitting awkward too long goes after couple seconds of standing
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Welcome to the IBS community!  Do you have IBS?  Have you seen a doctor about this?
Blank
3162153 tn?1343748221
was told i had ibs a while ago but was only getting trapped wind feeling at that point i suffer with depression and anxiety too since my dad died last year and had so many things go wrong since then its unreal
Blank
Have you seen a doctor about this?  Have you had any testing done?
Blank
3162153 tn?1343748221
no testing just put on to ant acid tabs
Blank
Just another thought: I just had an ovary with a cyst removed because I had  lower left pain, back pain and most of the time, it felt exactly as you described: a foot in the ribs. It was never really painful, just uncomfortable. Since I had it removed, I no longer have that sensation and can slouch all I want now!

If your antacids don't work, a cyst could be another reason.

Mine was found during the CT scan and then I had an ultrasound to look at it more closely.

Blank
3162153 tn?1343748221
oh ok thankyou for the advice will enquire about a scan as i really am baffled about what it is if i lean over in an awkward position it will happen too
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...