Kidney Stones Expert Forum
4.9 mm stone in lower pole of left kidney
About This Forum:

Welcome to the Kidney Stones Forum. This is a place to ask your personal questions about kidney stones and receive personal answers from medical experts. You will also find other members who share your interest in the subject of kidney stones.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

4.9 mm stone in lower pole of left kidney

I am suffering from UTI for last three months. USG results a 4.9 mm stone in lower pole of left kidney. Doctor advised me to take DISTONE (2 Tab 8Hrly).
3183592_tn?1344634338
I was not familiar with this product, but I looked it up on the web and it appears to be a urinary tract anesthetic, which might make you feel better temporarily, but will not dissolve your stone. Most stones are NOT dissolvable.  Most small (5mm is small) NON OBSTRUCTING stones are asymptomatic.  I would want to check that your urine CULTURES are truly showing an infection.
4 Comments
Blank
July 2011 I had severe pain in left kidney and scanned it USG result in 4.9 mm stone in left kidney.Doctor gave me medicines and a diet chart which is seriously followed by me.Yesterday March 2013 again I had a pain in left and USG showing 4.9 mm stone in Left upper ureteric Calculus.Is surgery is last option available ??? Can medicine help me to pass it through......
Blank
3183592_tn?1344634338
US is not a super accurate way to measure the size of a stone, so I would probably have you get a simple abdominal X-ray.  If the stone is truly 4.9mm, it is passable without surgery, and the most effective medication to help it along is called tamsulosin (Flomax).  

Blank
A related discussion, kidney stones and heart attack was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank