Kidney Stones Community
Help Bubbling or gurgling in my Kidney!!!

Kidney stones, also called nephrolithiasis are solid pieces of material that form in the kidney from substances in the urine. Discuss topics including prevention, symptoms and passing kidney stones.

I was at the ER two times in the last 4 days with flank pain around to the front near bottom of my rib cage, have spasms and bad back pain right side. I had a blood test a urine screen and cat scan  This was 12 hrs ago They said kidney function was a little low and dehydrated everything else was ok. Tonight i have worse pain but now gurgling or bubbling in there and come an go pain in testicles and minor sharp pain in groin.  IS THIS POSSIBLY A STONE? HELP THX
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Sometimes a small stones may be missed by imaging studies. But when it pasess you could get severe pain. And when it is passed out there is usually hematuria or blood in the urine. The other causes for the pain could be infections of the bowel and bladder, prolapsed intervertebral disc or inflammatory diseases of the colon. Please discuss this with your doctor am sure he will provide further assistance. In the meantime you can take OTC Ibuprofen pain medication. Ensure to take this medication after food to avoid gastritis.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Thank you for responding! well ive been to the ER 7 times now ! I keep going back bc i cant get in to see my primary care for 2 more weeks
3 blood tests 4 urine screens a lower abdominal cat scan and ultrasound
One DR said i had a blockage in my large intestine another said it wasnt that bad also that i was dehydrated and ive been drinking alot of water,but after i take pain medication about 30 min later i get the stabbing in my right flank with spasms and pain under my ribs on the right side. They said all my organs were functioning normally  Lately my right neck gland is a little swollen as well as sinus swelling inflammation,  I also had a few dull aches under my sternum. Also pain under my shoulder blade and light colored stools, testicle ache with urination pressure. After i ate a full meal was worse too Lots of spasming/ gurgling  Seems to flare up when i take Tramadol hydrochloride for the pain  About 70 percent of my symptons match gallbladder but its more towards the back  Any ideas with the new symptoms?   Thank you
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

A disorder called fibromyalgia can produce these symptoms (tenderness). Sometimes repetitive injuries or strain can also produce these symptoms. If the pain is due to a problem from the liver like hepatitis, you should have associated symptoms like nausea and vomiting. Are you an alcoholic? The pain could be from the gallbladder too. It could be if there is a stone in the gallbladder or if its wall is inflamed. A HIDA scan may help to study the functioning of the gallbladder.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Hope you are much better now and have been able to find out what the problem was.

If the symptoms are flaring up when you take Tramadol - stop taking it.
I was prescribed Tramadol for leg pains (doc said it was referred pain from my back).  I was extremely ill after just taking one; I felt extremely dizzy and even with the slightest movement I felt like vomitting and had terrible shakes.

With the symptoms you describe with the different swellings you have been experiencing - this could be from a bacterial or viral infection.

With gallbladder problems you would feel quite ill after eating a greasy meal.

Groin pain could be from a urinary infection (Cystitis) or even from arthritis in the hips.  But as you mention pain coming and going in the testicles, that would need to be investigated as well as your prostate gland.

As you wrote in November, do you have the results of your tests now?  I would be interested to know what it was that was causing your problems.

Best wishes

Hope, as the poster above mentions, that you are doing well now.  Please, do stop by with an update.

C~