Aa
A
A
Close

Kidney Stones Community

Kidney stones, also called nephrolithiasis are solid pieces of material that form in the kidney from substances in the urine. Discuss topics including prevention, symptoms and passing kidney stones.

1 - 20 (of 361) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
739632_tn?1454264872
After looking around on the internet for stones sizes on ct scans, I came up empty handed. The doctor in ER said small and wouldnt give me a size. I went and got my scan out of curiosity but I have no idea what size im faced with..not li...
Angelina20 | Last comment
Recently was diagnosed with a 9mm kidney stone on the right side. Jan 10,2016. I was admitted to the hospital where they comfirmed that it was a 9mm stone and put in a stent at this time to help with the pressure/pain in the kidney. Th...
Flaps74 | Last answer
hello.i have discovered a large stone in 2006. in 2015 have confirmed a 3by2cm ston in th right side kidney. the kidney is also not fully developed. i never had any acute pain. i am 45 years old now. from time to time i have a nagging ...
khan1971 | Last answer
Hi, my name is Cait. I'm 24 and an otherwise healthy female. Last Tuesday I was woken up out of a deep sleep from BLINDING pain in my left lower back/hips. I have scoliosis so I thought I was experiencing some muscle spasms or something,...
CaitlinAva | Last answer
739632_tn?1454264872
I had my first stone last year. I didn't even know I had one until the intense pain sent me to the ER. Like others I got pain meds and a ct and told it was already in my ureter and it's 2mm. Didn't know what that meant of course. Was sen...
Angelina20 | Last answer
Long story short-went to gastro doctor think I was having abdominal issues. Pain on the entire right side that wrapped a little to the back . Even pain by the appendix area. Had gall bladder test done (all good), had a ct scan of abd...
Totie | Last answer
I passed my first kidney stone at age 20 ( probably had them before then but just Mia diagnosed) Passed about 2 a year since then. Have been going to urologist with no real preventative care, they only wanted to help when I had a st...
Lillyrose321 | Last answer
So, my grandmother has a huge kidney stone in her right kidney size 70mm. That kidney is now at 15% functioning level and her left is now 85%. We got a consult elsewhere as her doctor wanted to see what another doctor had to say as he wa...
VitalsPlease | Last answer
16860298_tn?1451981602
I have had a 19 Mm removed before, the experience was horrific. I currently have a 14 mm in the north pole of the right kidney. I have had a total of 4 stone removals, with stints a total of 8 surgeries. I have no idea what to do nex...
Darbydoo | Last answer
------------------ HISTORY ----------------- May 22, 2015: Noticed blood in urine for half day and then clear urine. Ultrasound, blood test, complete urine test and 24 hours urine test was normal. Doctor concluded that it might be sma...
shareyouronlinedeals | Last answer
Hi. I have a long history with kidney stones and four years ago had my right kidney removed due to a stag horn kidney. In a recent ultrasound a 1cm stone non obstructive was found in the right kidney. Subsequent tests have shown blood i...
Goomby | Last answer
About a month ago out of nowhere I got this pain in my uretha. I figured it was some kind of UTI. My urine in the morning would be cloudy every only once in a while then it would be ok again. So, I had a prescription for pencillin and a...
Abby71 | Last answer
Curious if anyone has experienced light kidney pain in the opposite kidney following a ureteroscopy and stent placement to remove a small stone. I had the procedure this morning on my left side and tonight my right kidney just feels a li...
DavidQ1970 | Last answer
I am 42 yrs old. Have been in severe debilitating pain for the last 5 1/2 months. The pain started suddenly and has not stopped. It's mostly in my right back. It starts couple inches from my spine and runs under my rib cage downward out ...
Gmccumber0412 | Last answer
My son has been having issues since March. He has had multiple punctate kidney stones, at least a dozen sonograms, 2 CTs, and a list of tests. He was hospitalized twice (both times wiht blood in his urine) and when he was pain free this ...
Rachel0717 | Last answer
I was at the ER two times in the last 4 days with flank pain around to the front near bottom of my rib cage, have spasms and bad back pain right side. I had a blood test a urine screen and cat scan This was 12 hrs ago They said kidney f...
afflyction | Last answer
I have left back abdomen pain(kidney area) and doctor took blood test and vitamin d. i have very less vitamin d. and also ultrasound showed mild fullness in collecting system of left kidney. Please advice me to do the further..
Nisuavas | Last answer
15905440_tn?1443866928
I had what I think was my first kidney stone back in January 2015 just after my 19th birthday, I say that I think it was my first one as I had never thought about any previous abdominal pain as being a stone and I only knew I had a kidne...
OhMyMoonPie | Last answer
Urologist know what really causes calcium stones but if they told you they would lose 85 % of their business. So i am going to tell you. I've had stones for years and changed my diet and changed lifestyle to no success. I Started docume...
daledavis | Last answer
Dear All, I want to ask you whether those of you with a kidney stone has frequent urination and burning before/after urination. I want to learn how much these symptoms are common for people with kidney stones. I will be happy for...
me_just34 | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Kidney Stones Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...