Aa
A
A
Close

Kidney Stones Community

Kidney stones, also called nephrolithiasis are solid pieces of material that form in the kidney from substances in the urine. Discuss topics including prevention, symptoms and passing kidney stones.

41 - 60 (of 361) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I went to the er yesterday and was diagnosed w 3mm x 3mm stones. I passed a very small stone but I'm not sure if this is everything. I don't have any throbbing pain but do have some mild soreness. Is it common to have soreness after pass...
Brianmike | Posted
Over the last 15 years I have passed dozens stones myself and have also had lithotripsies along with a scope with lithro done 1month ago. Last week I landed in ER with horrible pain again in my left side. Never would I have thought stone...
Dawnnia78 | Last answer
I have been very unwell for the past 8 weeks,ongoing infections and blood in my urine. I have had lots of antibiotics and nothing seemed to be able to clear it.I have also had all the symptoms of kidney stones,low back ache ongoing,nause...
babesbrown | Last answer
If you have been diagnosed with an Oxalate related Kidney Stone condition there is in the Apple App Store the oxaBrow iPhone and iPad App that can help you manage your Oxalate Diet. Just search for oxaBrow in the App Store.
FrancoisB | Last answer
I've been sick since June 17th, with varying symptoms. Long story short, I ultimately had an ultrasound and CT scan done. They found a 4.5 cm cyst and 6 mm stone in my right kidney. Two days ago, even with hydrocodone in my system, I ...
NewMrs716 | Last answer
This is the result of my sonography. There is a bright echodensity with posterior shadow in inferior calyx of right kidney measuring 11 mm in diameter representing renal stone. Both kidney's are normal in size, parenchymal echogenic...
simon_b | Last answer
Does anyone know if any of these ingredients can cause kidney stones? i dont drink milk or soda at all. I have alot of food allergies. Im worried if too much protein or these ingrediants can cause any type of stones stones but i want to...
bettertissue | Last answer
Long story so I will get to my question without details. I am lactose intolerant so I to do not take in much calcium as it is. Both my 24 hour urine tests tested high for both calcium and oxalate, thus making them the culprit to my many ...
shannon220 | Last answer
161647_tn?1280611763
I have a 5mm kidney stone and I am scheduled for a lithotripsy on 8/3. After scheduling, I am looking up damage caused by this procedure to the kidney or other organs. Now I am scared of having the procedure done after reading how it can...
CatieC | Last answer
Hello fellow kidney stoners...I would appreciate any input you can offer. Last summer I had left flank pain, radiated down my side, around my hip and into my groin. Finally, in October I was diagnosed with kidney stones. I had an 8mm sto...
Blizzardbaby | Last answer
Might sound strange, but I'm 10 weeks pregnant and have had kidney stone pain off and on for the past three weeks. I ended up in the ER a few days ago with extreme pain and they told me I was most likely passing a stone (no infection, bu...
InPainNow00 | Last answer
I'm having a 4mm stone removed and will have a stent for 4 days. My biggest fear is severe pain when the stent is removed due to swelling and blood clots. I will be on a alpha blocker (rapaflo, similar to flomax) for several days prior...
dbadalam | Last answer
I had a 6mm stone stuck in my ureter which the urologist broke up through ureteroscopy on 22 April. They put a stent thereafter. I had the stent removed on 19 May, and since then am bed ridden. I am having high fever, severe pain in peni...
drebeltrooper | Last answer
I am a 22 yr old male. I underwent Right URS + Lithotripsy for a 1.7cm stone in my right ureter. The doctor placed a double J stent and said that he'll remove it after 4 weeks. Four days after the operation, I noticed urine droplets in m...
farrukhafzal | Last answer
Hi all, I had a dull ache in my right waist line since January. CT scan in April showed a 7mm stone at the junction of my kidney and ureter. I had lithotripsy on April 30th. It only took the 7mm to a 5mm. Urologists said to drink ...
lovezeuser | Last answer
Hi, So starting Saturday afternoon (three days ago) I started having a pain in my lower left side. It was almost like a dull ache that would act up if I moved or was lying certain ways, with certain shooting like pains sometimes. ...
DerekSP | Posted
I am a 38-year-old men in the midst of a kidney ston pain on right side . today CAT Scan reveals 3 mm. distal right ureteral calculus what i do?
Henok2016 | Last answer
For those of you out there with lots of experience with stones...is it possible to have intermittent pain from stones for a few months? If so can anyone explain why? Here is my story-start getting dull intermittent ache on my left side ...
Mel5056 | Last answer
My son's girlfriend is 9 months pregnant a was rushed to hospital for pain they said she has kidney stone's and gave her morphine for pain and sent her home. How will this affect the baby. She is dyalated 3 fingers
candy4747 | Last answer
I had a 6mm stone stuck in my ureter which the urologist broke up through ureteroscopy on 22 April. They put a stent thereafter. I had the stent removed on 19 May, and since then am bed ridden. I am having high fever, severe pain in peni...
drebeltrooper | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Kidney Stones Community Resources