Aa
A
A
Close

Kidney Stones Community

Kidney stones, also called nephrolithiasis are solid pieces of material that form in the kidney from substances in the urine. Discuss topics including prevention, symptoms and passing kidney stones.

81 - 100 (of 361) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Hi, I am a male with a 4mm kidney stone right at the Ureterovesical Junction, so it's about to pop into the bladder. My question: is there any connection between masturbation/sexual activity/maintaining erection and passing the stone?...
jh31425 | Last answer
I've just been diagnosed with my first kidney stone (5mm) and I'm just curious if the pain will get worse? Right now it feels like I've thrown my back out but concentrated more on the left side. I'm not taking any pain medication right...
Leeloo1223 | Last answer
4321198_tn?1426549474
I had sever kidney stones from mid-1980's until about 2008. I also had my share of lithotripsy's, both wet and dry. In 2008 I questioned my urologist about ridding my self of stones. she told me my stones were of low oxalate and t...
1644 | Last answer
I have very small, but numerous kidney stones. The urologist just recommends lots of water with lemon. Is it unusual for it to take over 2 weeks to pass these stones? They are usually only about the size of a grain of sand.
mommomdelaware | Last answer
Here is a little of my history. I'm a 29 year old male. I was diagnosed with PKD (polycystic kidney disease) at the age of 18. Well this last week my kidney pain changed and I knew something was wrong. Couldn't get comfortable no matter...
CP2985 | Last answer
Hello, I had a 6x8mm stone in October. I underwent lithrotripsy and a stent and passed it. During my follow up I was clear, but my protein level in my urine was slightly high. Additionally, I continue to notice cloudy/foamy urine. There ...
Slazenger14 | Last answer
I am one of those many folks going through the kidney stone problem and had laser litropsy with stent put in place today 3/23/15. This post is q question to experts and also sharing information with other folks here. Can anyone give ...
Michael_sj | Last answer
Hi, this is something that is so weird but I have to see if anyone has had this happen to them/ My Nephew had a kidney stone removed where they stick a needle thru the back to the kidney. After he went home the next day he felt his b...
marilee176 | Last answer
I'm beginning to get worried. I had a 4mm stone lodged in my left ureter that they had to go in and remove, on 2/25. They then placed a stent (which was quite an experience living with that) and it was removed 10 days ago. The first nigh...
ADOBECASA | Last answer
I have two small kidney stones (1st time). I understand that the stone travels from the kidney via the ureter to the bladder. I've read that this is the point that the pain will stop (when it's in the bladder) . But then I read when I ac...
krayne | Last answer
Hello! I am not 100% sure I'm dealing with kidney stones but I'm almost positive. I've had random bouts of bloody urine the past couple months. I had a ct scan Friday and am waiting on results. My most recent bleeding has lasted ab...
Taralynn0930 | Last answer
Hi, I have a history of kidney stone since 2011. My first attack was severe enough to send me to the ER. I had a 2mm stone at that time I had another attack about one year later. I had a CT scan done in 2012 that showed 3 stones on the...
tebarnhart1981 | Last answer
One month ago I went into the hospital with severe pain on my right back side and abdomen and my stomach was distended to what appeared to be a full term pregnancy. Upon getting cats can it was revealed that my rt kidney was extremely en...
Cygal | Last answer
hi.. my father was diagnosed to have a kidney stone on his right kidney.. he undergone a CT stenogram in which the result was (there's a tiny calcification in the hilus of the right kidney with a CT number of +263 HU and measuring approx...
ayen2015 | Last answer
Hi
Hi I've been suffering with lots of symptoms for a number of months now and all of my tests have come back clear apart from having a 4mm kidney stone, my worst symptom is feeling sick a lot of the time, has anybody else experienced this...
Abbey1422 | Last answer
I have kidney stones.so what do i do.about kidney stones
hazeleyez30 | Last answer
I had a kidney stone back on nov 3rd.It passed within 3 to 4 weeks.Then I was ok for about 3 weeks untill I started getting this on and off burning sensation in the tip of my penis like the feeling you get when you have to pee.I went bac...
ttime4 | Last answer
I have been having pain under my front side lower right rib and i finally went to the doc and he tested my urine and did xrays. He said i had significant blood n my urine but the xray really didnt show anything. He sent me for a ct scan ...
libbie123 | Last answer
Hi everyone. This is my first post to this forum. My husband was just released from the hospital. He had a basket retrieval to remove a stone. This was surgery # 42. I'm wondering how many surgeries you all have had. This is getting har...
jeepreadygogrl | Last answer
Hi, I'm 16 years old and suffering from what I've been told is medullar sponge kidney disease. I have been to countless doctors, including the mayo clinic in Jacksonville, Florida, Children's hospital in St. Louis, and many local hospita...
MaddyRettig | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Kidney Stones Community Resources